Remote Windows Server install problems - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Remote Windows Server install problems - Veritas Backup Exec ; Backup Exec 9.2 (upgrading from 9.1) benw9.2.1401_282293.exe is the file used to run install. Downloaded from Veritas web site. I installed to both of my media servers (Netware 6.0 and 5.1) no problem. Installed the Local Workstation options no problem. ...

  1. Remote Windows Server install problems

    Backup Exec 9.2 (upgrading from 9.1)

    benw9.2.1401_282293.exe is the file used to run install. Downloaded from
    Veritas web site.

    I installed to both of my media servers (Netware 6.0 and 5.1) no problem.
    Installed the Local Workstation options no problem. Remote Netware Server
    appears to be working fine.

    When I try to install Remote Windows Server, as soon as I click on that option
    and select 'next' I get the following error.

    "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

    Runtime Error!

    Program: .....\BE9.2\netware\install\ac\nerant32\be\setup.e xe

    way. Please contact the application's support team for more information"

    When clicking 'ok' it brings back a window that says "Backup Exec for NetWare
    Servers Setup is almost complete", and gives me the option to view the readme
    file and register online.

    This happens everytime. On two different computers. I downloaded and extracted
    the file three times. Have run it locally and from a network drive.

    Both workstations I have tried to install from are Win2K SP4, both completely
    up to date (or they were an hour ago, never can tell with MS)

    Please respond if you need additional info, I will provide all I can.

    Bill Masom

  2. Re: Remote Windows Server install problems

    From your CD or downloaded installation set, run BROWSER.EXE on the
    Windows box. Select 'Installation', then 'Start Backup Exec
    Installation'. Click [Next]. Click to accept the license agreement,
    then [Next].

    Next, check 'Local Workstation', then [Next]. There you will see an
    option to install the Remote Agent for Windows Servers. You do not
    have to install the Admin Console (it is checked by default).

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread