Error 1050 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Error 1050 - Veritas Backup Exec ; I've been getting an error 1050 when Backup Exec loads for some time now, and the only possible fix I've come across deals with the order in which the RAID and SCSI drivers are loaded ( http://support.veritas.com/docs/267574 ). I've verified ...

  1. Error 1050

    I've been getting an error 1050 when Backup Exec loads for some time now,
    and the only possible fix I've come across deals with the order in which
    the RAID and SCSI drivers are loaded (http://support.veritas.com/docs/267574).
    I've verified that the Satrup.ncf does indeed load the RAID drivers before
    the SCSI drivers.

    This problem is occurring on a 2 node NetWare 6.5 cluster attached by redundant
    fiber channels to a SAN with a PowerVault 132T (Dual Ultrium LTO 2 tape drives).
    Both servers see the Ultriums as storage adapters, but BE (v9.1 rev 1152)
    throws an error 1050: no devices found during initialization. All hardware
    is at its most recent firmware and/or driver versions.

    Does anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed with resolving this?

  2. Re: Error 1050

    Try the following on both servers:

    1. BESTOP
    2. Rename sys:\bkupexec\scsiview.scv to scsiview.old
    3. BESTART

    If that doesn't resolve it then I'd recommend installing the latest
    build for 9.1:

    http://support.veritas.com/docs/282294

  3. Re: Error 1050

    Thanks. I'll try that in the morning.

    "Chris" wrote:
    >Try the following on both servers:
    >
    >1. BESTOP
    >2. Rename sys:\bkupexec\scsiview.scv to scsiview.old
    >3. BESTART
    >
    >If that doesn't resolve it then I'd recommend installing the latest
    >build for 9.1:
    >
    >http://support.veritas.com/docs/282294

+ Reply to Thread