Server abend after Filesys.nlm update - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Server abend after Filesys.nlm update - Veritas Backup Exec ; This past weekend I installed a newer filesys.nlm (dated 12/18/04) on my servers (NW 6.5 SP3) because of an issue with the newer Netshield engine. Solved my netshield problem (would not load); however, the first night that it then attempted ...

  1. Server abend after Filesys.nlm update

    This past weekend I installed a newer filesys.nlm (dated 12/18/04) on my servers
    (NW 6.5 SP3) because of an issue with the newer Netshield engine. Solved
    my netshield problem (would not load); however, the first night that it then
    attempted a tape backup using Backup Exec for NetWare 9.0 Build 636N04175
    (Tuesday, 1 AM) all the servers abended. One server had this message on the
    console:

    ...running process TSAOpen:5D87930 process...
    ...OS detected a problem while executing a process owned by Server.nlm

    Did not run a back up last night. No issues this morning. Seems too much
    of a coincidence to me.

    Thanks to the response to my previous post I have downloaded build 4202 and
    the hotfix. I will install it later today.

    Any known issues here that I am not aware of?

  2. Re: Server abend after Filesys.nlm update

    Please post a copy of the abend log (sys:\system\abend.log)..

  3. Re: Server abend after Filesys.nlm update

    Unless you are you still running traditional (non-NSS) volumes you
    don't need the FILESYS patch.

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread