installing remote agent on windows 2003 server - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on installing remote agent on windows 2003 server - Veritas Backup Exec ; We have Backup Exec 9.1 on a Netware Server. I want to install the remote agent on the windows server so the netware media server can back it up. Where are the install files for this? When I browse the ...

  1. installing remote agent on windows 2003 server

    We have Backup Exec 9.1 on a Netware Server. I want to install the remote
    agent on the windows server so the netware media server can back it up.
    Where are the install files for this?

    When I browse the install cd to \AC\RANT32 it looks like it wants to install
    to the netware server, so I'm a little concerned. Can anyone point me to
    a doc for this?

    Thanks

  2. Re: installing remote agent on windows 2003 server

    I know what you mean. This isn't exactly intuitive.

    From your CD or downloaded installation set, run BROWSER.EXE on the
    Windows 2003 server. Select 'Installation', then 'Start Backup Exec
    Installation'. Click [Next]. Click to accept the license agreement,
    then [Next].

    Next, check 'Local Workstation', then [Next]. There you will see an
    option to install the Remote Agent for Windows Servers. You do not
    have to install the Admin Console (it is checked by default).

    -Barry.

  3. Re: installing remote agent on windows 2003 server

    I have done these steps over and over . The windows server does not show up
    as a server option in the admin console . please help / The remote agent
    is running on my windows 2003 server . When I installed it I was promted
    to add the server to the admin servers list of protectec items . Still does
    not show up on the 9.2 admin console .

    Barry St.John wrote:
    >I know what you mean. This isn't exactly intuitive.
    >
    >From your CD or downloaded installation set, run BROWSER.EXE on the
    >Windows 2003 server. Select 'Installation', then 'Start Backup Exec
    >Installation'. Click [Next]. Click to accept the license agreement,
    >then [Next].
    >
    >Next, check 'Local Workstation', then [Next]. There you will see an
    >option to install the Remote Agent for Windows Servers. You do not
    >have to install the Admin Console (it is checked by default).
    >
    >-Barry.

  4. Re: installing remote agent on windows 2003 server

    In article <4522e90d@ROSASTDMZ05.>, Shawn stires wrote:

    > When I installed it I was promted to add the server to the admin >

    servers list of protectec items

    You should have added the remote server to the NDMPSVRS.DAT file on the
    NetWare Backup Exec media server, either manually, or from the Backup
    Exec Admin Console on the NetWare server (main menu, Options|Serial
    Numbers|Agents).

    Is this what you mean?

    Can the remote agent server ping the media server, and vice-versa?

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread