Unknown NSCR Error 1 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Unknown NSCR Error 1 - Veritas Backup Exec ; I installed a new Novell Server (Netware 6.5) 2 weeks ago and I installed BackupExecc 9.2. It did a couple of full backups normal, but in the last 4 jobs I have gotten this Unknown NSCR Error 1. I have ...

  1. Unknown NSCR Error 1

    I installed a new Novell Server (Netware 6.5) 2 weeks ago and I installed
    BackupExecc 9.2. It did a couple of full backups normal, but in the last
    4 jobs I have gotten this Unknown NSCR Error 1. I have not found any info
    about this error.

    It appears at the end of the job log, after the verification log. Both backup
    and verification finish without problems but I get this error at the end.

    Does anybody know what is going on?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Unknown NSCR Error 1

    I don't know what this error means. I found a couple of other reports
    of this error, but no explanation of what it means.

    I'd suggest running your backup job in debug mode, then let's see what
    the log shows. Maybe it will give an indication to what's going on.

    http://support.veritas.com/docs/262008

    -Barry.

  3. Re: Unknown NSCR Error 1

    In my experience this error has been caused by anti-virus software
    corrupting the Backup Exec databases. If you do have anti-virus
    software running on this server, make sure that you exclude
    sys:\bkupexec from being scanned.

    Chris

+ Reply to Thread