Error: 1050 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Error: 1050 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Just added a new tape drive to a Netware 5.1 at sp5. I can see new drive options. But when i run bestart, I receive the following: Beginning the initialization procedure Current system parameters are as follows LoadType: Not specified ...

  1. Error: 1050

    Just added a new tape drive to a Netware 5.1 at sp5. I can see new drive
    options. But when i run bestart, I receive the following:

    Beginning the initialization procedure
    Current system parameters are as follows
    LoadType: Not specified
    API mode: Directory Services
    Driver: ASPI Compliant
    DMA mode: Use all memory
    Driver mode: Synchronous
    ASPI Manager: Using BECDM.CDM
    Driver bus mode: Physical Bus
    Autoload Novell TSAs: 1
    Validate NLM Versions: 1
    Validate memory: 1
    Debug: On: 0 ZL: 0
    Internal: RA: 0 RQ: 0 MC: 0 UB: 0 LE: 0
    Initializing internal control parameters
    Initializing secondary control parameters
    Couldn't retrieve the previous products history path from upgrade.cfg, setting
    it to default

    Initializing system operating paths
    Initializing NOS Links
    Initializing Load Subsystem
    Initialization complete
    Validating system environment
    Validating system databases
    Check upgrade status...

    Validating NDS environment
    Validating Backup Exec Account
    .BkupExec_ADMIN_1.Lapeer queue ID is d76ed0d4
    .Backup_Exec.Lapeer account ID is 0000ad29
    Setting the Default context to: <.Lapeer>

    Validating External References. Please wait ...
    Validating trustee assignments to operating paths
    Validating system memory resources
    Cache boundaries are 65%High - 40%Medium - 20%Low
    85% of the cache buffers on the server are currently available.
    System environment validation has completed
    No updates needed.
    Module JAVA.NLM is already loaded
    Module TLI.NLM is already loaded
    Module DSAPI.NLM is already loaded
    Module NETDB.NLM is already loaded
    Module SMDR.NLM is already loaded
    Module NWPA.NLM is already loaded
    Module BECDM.CDM is already loaded
    Module NWIDK.NLM is already loaded
    Error: 1050

    No devices found during initialization.
    Error: 1050

    The device driver load was unsuccessful. Verify that all media devices
    are
    properly connected and powered on. Ensure that your controller driver (for
    example, AHA2940.HAM) and Backup Exec's ASPI manager, BECDM.CDM, are properly
    loaded. If your server is running NetWare 4.x and you are loading DSK drivers,

    add -n to your BESTART.NCF file so that NWASPI.CDM is used instead of
    BECDM.CDM. If you are using a robotic library, make sure that you have properly
    configured the SCSI IDs for the robot. Consult your Administrator's Guide
    for
    details on setting up robot hardware. Refer to the README for more information.
    Please consult the Device Compatibility List at
    http://www.support.veritas.com/dsl/d...ct_BENWARE.htm to make sure
    the
    attached devices are supported. Ensure that the software has been installed
    properly and has not been corrupted. If the problem persists, contact technical
    support.

    Press to return to the Server Console. After you resolve
    the error condition(s), re-execute the BESTART command.

  2. Re: Error: 1050

    In article <44299033@ROSASTDMZ05.>, Matt wrote:

    > I can see new drive options.

    Not sure what you mean by that.

    Do you see the drive at bootup?

    Before you attempt to load BE, LIST STORAGE ADAPTERS at the server
    console. Do you see your controller and drive there? The drive
    probably will show up as 'Unbound device'.

    Make sure you aren't loading NWTAPE or SCSI2TP. Rename these modules
    or delete them. They aren't compatible with BE. Look in SYS:SYSTEM as
    well as in C:\NWSERVER\DRIVERS to find them.

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread