backup to usb - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on backup to usb - Veritas Backup Exec ; has anyone used BE9x on netware 6.5 to back up to a usb volume? I'm considering an alternative to tape, and usb external drives might be the answer if it'll work. Anyone?...

  1. backup to usb

    has anyone used BE9x on netware 6.5 to back up to a usb volume? I'm considering
    an alternative to tape, and usb external drives might be the answer if it'll
    work. Anyone?

  2. Re: backup to usb

    Work ok but slow, maybe you want to look at eSATA

    "jeff mcnabney" wrote in message news:44285fcc@ROSASTDMZ05....

    > has anyone used BE9x on netware 6.5 to back up to a usb volume? I'm

    considering
    > an alternative to tape, and usb external drives might be the answer if

    it'll
    > work. Anyone?

  3. Re: backup to usb

    Veritas Backup Exec does not support backup to a USB device.

  4. Re: backup to usb

    "backup master" wrote:

    >Veritas Backup Exec does not support backup to a USB device.

    Well, since Jeff wants to backup to an USB Volume I think your statement
    is not true.

    What he needs to have is USB 2.0 on the server. Assuming he has that than
    he can use NSS to do the Volume. To do this he needs to do the following:

    -At the console prompt, run NSSMU
    -Make sure the USB drive shows up as a device there.
    -Go into Partitions, press Insert to add a partition
    -Go into Pools to add a Pool
    -Go into Volumes to add a volume.

    From there he can do a backup-to-disk within his allowed time slice and run
    a duplicate afterwards. Cheers, k.m.w