Client has not logged on - error 1808 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Client has not logged on - error 1808 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Cannot establish a connection between my windows client console and the bacjupexec no the netware server. Could not find a solution on this forum. Anyone a solution? with kind regards, Rene...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

  1. Client has not logged on - error 1808

    Cannot establish a connection between my windows client console and the bacjupexec
    no the netware server.
    Could not find a solution on this forum.

    Anyone a solution?

    with kind regards,

    Rene

  2. Re: Client has not logged on - error 1808

    I assume that you are talking about the Backup Exec admin console? What
    happens exactly, any errors? The first thing to check is name
    resolution - can you ping your NetWare server by name from the windows
    client and vice versa? If not, you need to resolve this first (update
    hosts files etc.).

    Also, do you have any firewall or VPN software on the client machine?
    If so, try disabling this to see if it helps.

    Chris

  3. Re: Client has not logged on - error 1808

    Yes, i can ping to the dns/host name. That's not the problem. I have a good
    connection to other BE server as well. Just not one.
    This is the error:

    Client has not logged on
    This error code does not have a specific course of action defined for a
    resolution. Please consult your manual for additional information.

    The icon has the color green though.

    regards,

    Rene

    "Chris" schreef in bericht
    >I assume that you are talking about the Backup Exec admin console? What
    > happens exactly, any errors? The first thing to check is name
    > resolution - can you ping your NetWare server by name from the windows
    > client and vice versa? If not, you need to resolve this first (update
    > hosts files etc.).
    >
    > Also, do you have any firewall or VPN software on the client machine?
    > If so, try disabling this to see if it helps.
    >
    > Chris

  4. Re: Client has not logged on - error 1808

    Hi Chris:

    some of the lines:

    Is Server a BEP server: false
    jave.rmi.ConnectIOException: Exception creating connection to:
    204.187.99.227; nested exception is:
    java.net.SocketException:connection timed out: Connection timed out

    regards,

    Rene

    "Chris" schreef in bericht
    > Do you see any errors on the 'Backup Exec Java Application Server'
    > screen? Please post back with a screen shot of this screen. You say
    > that you are able to ping - does this work in both directions? In other
    > words, can you ping the workstation from the server by host name?

  5. Re: Client has not logged on - error 1808

    Do you see any errors on the 'Backup Exec Java Application Server'
    screen? Please post back with a screen shot of this screen. You say
    that you are able to ping - does this work in both directions? In other
    words, can you ping the workstation from the server by host name?

  6. Re: Client has not logged on - error 1808

    Yes,

    I can ping the windows client from the server by hostname (received 100%).

    But the line BEP server: false is worrying me.

    regards,

    Rene

    "Chris" schreef in bericht
    > It looks like some sort of comms problem to me. You can ping by host
    > name in BOTH directions yes?
    >
    > Have you ever been able to connect to this server from this
    > workstation? If so, when did it stop working? You also mention that you
    > can connect to another media server from this workstation..are both
    > servers running the same version of BE? Check in
    > sys:\bkupexec\version.doc for details. And what version of the admin
    > console are you using? Check in Help-->About for details.

  7. Re: Client has not logged on - error 1808

    Server with problem:

    Backup Exec for NetWare 9.0 Build 636N04019

    NCLT build = 636N04019.2

    NDCA build = 636N04019

    NSVR build = 636N04019

    DENCLT build = 636N04019

    DRIVER build = 0011\0011N004

    Windows 95/98/ME agent = 5.027

    MAC agent = 5.00

    UNIX agent = 5.032

    RANT/OFO option = 3920R

    Server with no problem:

    Backup Exec for NetWare 9.0 Build 636N04019

    NCLT build = 636N04019.2

    NDCA build = 636N04019

    NSVR build = 636N04019

    DENCLT build = 636N04019

    DRIVER build = 0011\0011N004

    Windows 95/98/ME agent = 5.027

    MAC agent = 5.00

    UNIX agent = 5.032

    RANT/OFO option = 3920R

    Windows client:

    Version 9 revision 4019

    regards,

    Rene

  8. Re: Client has not logged on - error 1808

    Yes, that update i have to installed last year.

    I shall try startx, but were to find it ......

    Rene

    "Chris" schreef in bericht
    >I assume that this has been installed:
    >
    > http://support.veritas.com/docs/278129
    >
    > Also, can you load the admin console on the server itself (on the
    > STARTX screen)? This will determine if the problem is server based or
    > client/network based..

  9. Re: Client has not logged on - error 1808

    Cannot find a be console in the startx enviroment

    Regards,

    Rene

    "Chris" schreef in bericht
    >I assume that this has been installed:
    >
    > http://support.veritas.com/docs/278129
    >
    > Also, can you load the admin console on the server itself (on the
    > STARTX screen)? This will determine if the problem is server based or
    > client/network based..

  10. Re: Client has not logged on - error 1808

    At the moment I want to try (make) the connection with BE with the Windows
    client a line appears on the Java application server:

    IS server a BEP server: false

    regards,

    Rene

    "Chris" schreef in bericht
    >I assume that this has been installed:
    >
    > http://support.veritas.com/docs/278129
    >
    > Also, can you load the admin console on the server itself (on the
    > STARTX screen)? This will determine if the problem is server based or
    > client/network based..

  11. Re: Client has not logged on - error 1808

    Have to stop now.

    Tomorow we go further, ok?

    kind regards,

    Rene

    "Rene Wennekes" schreef in bericht
    > At the moment I want to try (make) the connection with BE with the Windows
    > client a line appears on the Java application server:
    >
    > IS server a BEP server: false
    >
    > regards,
    >
    > Rene
    >

    > "Chris" schreef in bericht
    >>I assume that this has been installed:
    >>
    >> http://support.veritas.com/docs/278129
    >>
    >> Also, can you load the admin console on the server itself (on the
    >> STARTX screen)? This will determine if the problem is server based or
    >> client/network based..

  12. Re: Client has not logged on - error 1808

    It looks like some sort of comms problem to me. You can ping by host
    name in BOTH directions yes?

    Have you ever been able to connect to this server from this
    workstation? If so, when did it stop working? You also mention that you
    can connect to another media server from this workstation..are both
    servers running the same version of BE? Check in
    sys:\bkupexec\version.doc for details. And what version of the admin
    console are you using? Check in Help-->About for details.

  13. Re: Client has not logged on - error 1808

    What about the version details? Please see my last post...

  14. Re: Client has not logged on - error 1808

    I assume that this has been installed:

    http://support.veritas.com/docs/278129

    Also, can you load the admin console on the server itself (on the
    STARTX screen)? This will determine if the problem is server based or
    client/network based..

  15. Re: Client has not logged on - error 1808

    OK, maybe it was never installed...

  16. Re: Client has not logged on - error 1808

    It might be worth unloading/reloading Backup Exec: BESTOP followed by
    BESTART. Then close the admin console and reload it to see what impact
    this has...I've seen this work before..

  17. Re: Client has not logged on - error 1808

    Chris,

    that kind of things i already tried before i posted this thread.

    I also tried:

    * restarting the server
    * uninstalling BE on the server and re-installing
    *other windows admin-clients (we have two administrator laptops)

    Rene

    "Chris" schreef in bericht
    > It might be worth unloading/reloading Backup Exec: BESTOP followed by
    > BESTART. Then close the admin console and reload it to see what impact
    > this has...I've seen this work before..

  18. Re: Client has not logged on - error 1808

    All I can suggest is that you install the lastest build of 9.0 to see
    if that helps:

    http://support.veritas.com/docs/260999

  19. Re: Client has not logged on - error 1808 - ITSEEMS TO WORK!!!! -

    Thx,

    it seems to work. Now i can finish to make poliies and scheduled jobs.

    Kind regards,

    Rene

    "Chris" schreef in bericht
    > All I can suggest is that you install the lastest build of 9.0 to see
    > if that helps:
    >
    > http://support.veritas.com/docs/260999

  20. Yes, Thanx

    "Chris" schreef in bericht