Error 1050 on a Powervault SAN - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Error 1050 on a Powervault SAN - Veritas Backup Exec ; On the server with the error, do you see your PV when you do LIST STORAGE ADAPTERS on the server console? -Barry....

  1. Re: Error 1050 on a Powervault SAN

    On the server with the error, do you see your PV when you do LIST
    STORAGE ADAPTERS on the server console?

    -Barry.

  2. Error 1050 on a Powervault SAN

    We are running a Powervault SAN via fibre channel between a 2 node cluster
    consisting of 2 Netware 6.5 servers which are identically configured. Each
    server is running BackupExec 9.10 rev. 1158. One comes up fine, the other
    blows an Error 105: No device found during initialization. Both servers have
    internal RAID/SCSI, but communication with the Powervault is via TCP/IP via
    a fibre channel.
    I've been through the Knowledge Base and haven't seen anything that matches
    our setup. Has anyone encountered this, or have any suggestions for what
    to investigate?

    Thanks.

  3. Re: Error 1050 on a Powervault SAN

    Try deleting scsiview.scv on the offending server and restart BE. If it happens
    to be the primary, bestop the other one first and bring it up last. if that
    fails, rename the mm folder and delete scsiview.scv and start again.if you
    still wont come up, reboot the san switch (i know not a popular request).
    10 to 1 that one of these three gets you back online.

    "Patrick Mulvaney" wrote:

    >We are running a Powervault SAN via fibre channel between a 2 node cluster
    >consisting of 2 Netware 6.5 servers which are identically configured. Each
    >server is running BackupExec 9.10 rev. 1158. One comes up fine, the other
    >blows an Error 105: No device found during initialization. Both servers

    have
    >internal RAID/SCSI, but communication with the Powervault is via TCP/IP

    via
    >a fibre channel.
    >I've been through the Knowledge Base and haven't seen anything that matches
    >our setup. Has anyone encountered this, or have any suggestions for what
    >to investigate?
    >
    >Thanks.

  4. Re: Error 1050 on a Powervault SAN

    Thanx.
    Sorry to take so long. Bit crazy here.

    "Lane Oakley" wrote:

    >Try deleting scsiview.scv on the offending server and restart BE. If it

    happens
    >to be the primary, bestop the other one first and bring it up last. if that
    >fails, rename the mm folder and delete scsiview.scv and start again.if you
    >still wont come up, reboot the san switch (i know not a popular request).
    >10 to 1 that one of these three gets you back online.
    >
    >"Patrick Mulvaney" wrote:
    >>
    >>We are running a Powervault SAN via fibre channel between a 2 node cluster
    >>consisting of 2 Netware 6.5 servers which are identically configured. Each
    >>server is running BackupExec 9.10 rev. 1158. One comes up fine, the other
    >>blows an Error 105: No device found during initialization. Both servers

    >have
    >>internal RAID/SCSI, but communication with the Powervault is via TCP/IP

    >via
    >>a fibre channel.
    >>I've been through the Knowledge Base and haven't seen anything that matches
    >>our setup. Has anyone encountered this, or have any suggestions for what
    >>to investigate?
    >>
    >>Thanks.

  5. Re: Error 1050 on a Powervault SAN

    Thanx.
    I'll check that.

    Barry St.John wrote:
    >On the server with the error, do you see your PV when you do LIST
    >STORAGE ADAPTERS on the server console?
    >
    >-Barry.

  6. Re: Error 1050 on a Powervault SAN

    No hurry on my account.