Groupwise objects not seen by Backup Exec - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Groupwise objects not seen by Backup Exec - Veritas Backup Exec ; Netware 6.5, Groupwise 6.5.4, and Backup Exec 9.10. Backup ran fine. Server reported that the new full back up finished normal. Looking at the logs, I saw "Device "SERVERNAME.GroupWise System:" does not contain any objects to backup. All selections related ...

  1. Groupwise objects not seen by Backup Exec

    Netware 6.5, Groupwise 6.5.4, and Backup Exec 9.10. Backup ran fine. Server
    reported that the new full back up finished normal. Looking at the logs,
    I saw "Device "SERVERNAME.GroupWise System:" does not contain any objects
    to backup. All selections related to "SERVERNAME.Groupwise System:" Will
    be skipped. Has anybody encountered this before? Please advise. Please feel
    free to send an email to me too. Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Groupwise objects not seen by Backup Exec

    Did you recently update to NW65sp5 ? If you did, you need to backrev the
    SMDR installed by the service pack to the earlier one, or use the one from
    TSA5UP18.EXE TID2971717 as there are problems with SMDR.NLM.

    "Leo" wrote in message

    > Netware 6.5, Groupwise 6.5.4, and Backup Exec 9.10. Backup ran fine.
    > Server
    > reported that the new full back up finished normal. Looking at the logs,
    > I saw "Device "SERVERNAME.GroupWise System:" does not contain any objects
    > to backup. All selections related to "SERVERNAME.Groupwise System:" Will
    > be skipped. Has anybody encountered this before? Please advise. Please
    > feel
    > free to send an email to me too. Thanks in advance.

  3. Re: Groupwise objects not seen by Backup Exec

    SP5 installed? If so, it killed Groupwise backups. It's the SMDR that causes
    the problem. Revert back to the SP4 TSAs and run with that. If not SP5,
    then I don't know.

    "Leo" wrote:

    >Netware 6.5, Groupwise 6.5.4, and Backup Exec 9.10. Backup ran fine. Server
    >reported that the new full back up finished normal. Looking at the logs,
    >I saw "Device "SERVERNAME.GroupWise System:" does not contain any objects
    >to backup. All selections related to "SERVERNAME.Groupwise System:" Will
    >be skipped. Has anybody encountered this before? Please advise. Please feel
    >free to send an email to me too. Thanks in advance.

+ Reply to Thread