Memory leak? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Memory leak? - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am having memory issues on NW6.5sp5 with BE 9.10.1158. I see references to this in several msgs, but no fixes... Specifically, when the server is rebooted, cache buffers are at 50% and remain there until a backup runs. Shortly ...

  1. Memory leak?

    I am having memory issues on NW6.5sp5 with BE 9.10.1158. I see references
    to this in several msgs, but no fixes...

    Specifically, when the server is rebooted, cache buffers are at 50% and remain
    there until a backup runs. Shortly after the backup begins, cache buffers
    drop to 25% and remain there. Every night when another backup runs, slightly
    more memory is lost and I receive the error "An I/O Error....has compromised
    pool integrity." After several nights the backup completely hangs and the
    server must be rebooted to clear it. This weekend I applied the latest OFO
    patch and bounced the server. The cache buffers remained at 50% all weekend,
    but the backup hung on last nights backup (first since reboot). Now I fear
    it will hang every night. Any ideas?

    Jennifer Heiert
    jheiert@securepipe.com

  2. Re: Memory leak?

    I would recommend that you start with working through this TID:

    http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/se...i?10091980.htm

  3. Re: Memory leak?

    Have a look at memory tuning via this link as well

    http://www.caledonia.net/hamish.html

    Jennifer wrote:
    > I am having memory issues on NW6.5sp5 with BE 9.10.1158. I see references
    > to this in several msgs, but no fixes...

  4. Re: Memory leak?

    Download seg and run it on the server then you will se that nlm that cause
    the leak.
    Experienced the same problem with BE 9,1 on all builds it helps to restart
    BE, if you
    miss it the server will die. For us it happend every 9-10 days.
    Now we are running 9,2 B1391-14 and Ofo has a rising memory consumption of
    nearly 1200% on a server running for 48 hours and 3 backup jobs.
    "Jennifer" wrote:

    >I am having memory issues on NW6.5sp5 with BE 9.10.1158. I see references
    >to this in several msgs, but no fixes...
    >
    >Specifically, when the server is rebooted, cache buffers are at 50% and

    remain
    >there until a backup runs. Shortly after the backup begins, cache buffers
    >drop to 25% and remain there. Every night when another backup runs, slightly
    >more memory is lost and I receive the error "An I/O Error....has compromised
    >pool integrity." After several nights the backup completely hangs and the
    >server must be rebooted to clear it. This weekend I applied the latest

    OFO
    >patch and bounced the server. The cache buffers remained at 50% all weekend,
    >but the backup hung on last nights backup (first since reboot). Now I

    fear
    >it will hang every night. Any ideas?
    >
    >Jennifer Heiert
    >jheiert@securepipe.com