Upgrade from 9.1 to 9.2 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Upgrade from 9.1 to 9.2 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi I am wanting to upgrade my Netware 5.1 sp8 and 6.5 sp4 servers from Bkup Exec 9.1 to 9.2. Could anyone tell me if this upgrade is a smooth one or are there things I should look out for? ...

  1. Upgrade from 9.1 to 9.2

    Hi

    I am wanting to upgrade my Netware 5.1 sp8 and 6.5 sp4 servers from Bkup
    Exec 9.1 to 9.2.

    Could anyone tell me if this upgrade is a smooth one or are there things
    I should look out for?

    Thanks
    Greg

  2. Re: Upgrade from 9.1 to 9.2

    It's a fairly smooth process. The one thing that I would recommend is
    to take a copy of the bkupexec folder before you start the upgrade -
    just in case you have problems..

    Chris

  3. Re: Upgrade from 9.1 to 9.2

    The upgrade went fairly well here. I have some remote agents for which
    I had to create new jobs. Don't know why. The job files look
    identical to the old ones, but they wouldn't run. Anyway, other than
    that it has worked well. 9.2 is definitely an improvement over 9.1.

    -Barry.

  4. Re: Upgrade from 9.1 to 9.2

    I went through the 9.1 - 9.2 upgrade last week. Here is what I noted :
    On a NW6.5sp3 GroupWise server the 9.2 agents caused ABENDs on GWINTER.
    Updated the server to NW65sp5, which fixed the ABEND but that killed GWTSA
    because of the SMDR bug in sp5. Back rev SMDR to the earlier one, which
    fixed the GWTSA and also the problem with differential backups (it was not
    reading the archive flag and backing up all the files).

    "Greg" wrote in message

    > Hi
    >
    > I am wanting to upgrade my Netware 5.1 sp8 and 6.5 sp4 servers from Bkup
    > Exec 9.1 to 9.2.
    >
    > Could anyone tell me if this upgrade is a smooth one or are there things
    > I should look out for?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Greg

+ Reply to Thread