Moving catalogs to a volume other than sys - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Moving catalogs to a volume other than sys - Veritas Backup Exec ; Is this possible? I'm constantly running out of space on my sys volume and the BE catalogs take over a Gig of space. I've set the media server options ot delete the catalog files after 31 days, but I would ...

  1. Moving catalogs to a volume other than sys

    Is this possible? I'm constantly running out of space on my sys volume and
    the BE catalogs take over a Gig of space. I've set the media server options
    ot delete the catalog files after 31 days, but I would like to move them
    to another volume if possible.

    Thanks

  2. Re: Moving catalogs to a volume other than sys

    Yes, take a look at the following TechNote:

    http://support.veritas.com/docs/189838

  3. Re: Moving catalogs to a volume other than sys

    Why not move the whole nine yards?
    To do this you need to be Admin on both volume

    These steps can do this:
    - do a BESTOP at the server console
    - copy the sys:bkupexec folder and all subfolder including all files to the
    new location, i.e data1:bkupexec
    - go to the sys:system directory and edit bestart.ncf as follows
    -- replace all sys: with the new voloume name so it might look like in my
    example:
    SEARCH ADD DATA1:\BKUPEXEC\NLMS
    LOAD DATA1:\BKUPEXEC\NLMS\BECDM.CDM
    LOAD DATA1:\BKUPEXEC\NLMS\BKUPEXEC.NLM -tl -aa -dy -tc -tp -to -tj -s %1
    %2
    - do a BESTART on the console

    Give it a try. If it comes out working correct you might archive and remove
    your SYS:BESTART-- k.m.w
    "Zac Power" wrote:

    >Is this possible? I'm constantly running out of space on my sys volume

    and
    >the BE catalogs take over a Gig of space. I've set the media server options
    >ot delete the catalog files after 31 days, but I would like to move them
    >to another volume if possible.
    >
    >Thanks

+ Reply to Thread