Error: 0x600A - No media record - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Error: 0x600A - No media record - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have installed Backup Exec v. 9.2 on a Novell for Small Business 6.6 Kontroller: Tekram 395UW Tape: Tandberg SLR5 drivers: both trm3x5 and nwaspi is loaded Error message: Error: 0x600A - No media record The media may have been ...

  1. Error: 0x600A - No media record

    I have installed Backup Exec v. 9.2 on a Novell for Small Business 6.6
    Kontroller: Tekram 395UW
    Tape: Tandberg SLR5
    drivers: both trm3x5 and nwaspi is loaded
    Error message:
    Error: 0x600A - No media record
    The media may have been ejected after the last job, or Backup Exec may not
    have performed an operation on the media

    I know the controller and tape works fine, I just tried it on a Netware 4.11
    server with Backup Exec ver. 8

  2. Re: Error: 0x600A - No media record

    Different hardware I know but probably worth a look:

    http://support.veritas.com/docs/259940

  3. Re: Error: 0x600A - No media record

    "Chris" wrote:
    >Different hardware I know but probably worth a look:
    >
    >http://support.veritas.com/docs/259940

    Hi Chris, and thanks you for the response.
    I have been across this link, unfortunately its the only "solution" I find
    when searching the web. The drive Im using is a Tandberg SLR5, which dosen't
    have automatic arms or loaders etc. or a firmware to edit.

    Im beginning to worry if the software I just bought, acually can be used
    with this drive, in the software section only BE ver. 7.5 and 8.0 is mentioned.

    http://www.tandberg.com/index.php?op...d=52&paction=8

  4. Re: Error: 0x600A - No media record

    You mentioned that NWASPI was loaded...

    Backup Exec does not need this file as it has its own driver (BECDM). I
    would suggest remarking out NWASPI from startup.ncf and restarting the
    server to see if this helps. Also, make sure that NWTAPE is not loaded
    - best thing to do is to rename it to something like NWTAPE.BAK so that
    it never gets loaded.

    Chris

  5. Re: Error: 0x600A - No media record

    Thank you, loading becdm solved the issue :-)

    /Michael

+ Reply to Thread