erase before backup or scheduled erase - possible? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on erase before backup or scheduled erase - possible? - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am using BE 9.1 for Netware. Is it possioble in an MR job to erase before backup or to schedule a repeating erase job? I have all my job as as set to overwrite, but every week or so ...

  1. erase before backup or scheduled erase - possible?

    I am using BE 9.1 for Netware. Is it possioble in an MR job to erase before
    backup or to schedule a repeating erase job? I have all my job as as set
    to overwrite, but every week or so I get a media not appendable error. Very
    frustrating so I thought setting erease as a pre/post option - if that is
    possible - would fix this.

  2. Re: erase before backup or scheduled erase - possible?

    Afraid not, you cannot schedule a 'utility' job (erase, clean,
    inventory etc).

+ Reply to Thread