Could not connect to SERVADM.NetWare File System - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Could not connect to SERVADM.NetWare File System - Veritas Backup Exec ; NW 6.5 SP4, BE 9.2 Build 1391. My backups have been running fine until about 3 days ago. I now get the message: Could not connect to SERVADM.NetWare File System when starting my backups. The script has not changed and ...

  1. Could not connect to SERVADM.NetWare File System

    NW 6.5 SP4, BE 9.2 Build 1391. My backups have been running fine until about 3 days ago. I now get the message: Could not connect to SERVADM.NetWare File System when starting my backups. The script has not changed and the login credentials are the same for the other 9 servers and they work without a problem. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

    Joe Merricks
    Network Admin
    Hargrave Military Academy
    merricksj@hargrave.edu

  2. Re: Could not connect to SERVADM.NetWare File System

    Make sure TSAFS is loaded on SERVADM.

    -Barry.

  3. Re: Could not connect to SERVADM.NetWare File System

    Thanks, Barry. Will check that and see what happens tonight.

    Joe

    >>> Barry St.John 02/22/06 1:06:43 PM >>>

    Make sure TSAFS is loaded on SERVADM.

    -Barry.

  4. Re: Could not connect to SERVADM.NetWare File System

    Barry, I just consoled to the server and checked using modules TSAFS and it shows that it is loaded.

    >>> Barry St.John 02/22/06 1:06:43 PM >>>

    Make sure TSAFS is loaded on SERVADM.

    -Barry.

  5. Re: Could not connect to SERVADM.NetWare File System

    If you go to the BE Admin Console and go to Jobs|Backup|Make
    Selections, can you go to 'Agent SERVADM.NetWare File System' and open
    it and browse through the file system?

    If you can do that but your backup job still doesn't work, then you
    probably need to recreate your backup job.

    If not, refresh your agent list and try again. If that doesn't work,
    do a BESTOP on SERVADM, followed by BESTART. Refresh your agent list
    and try again.

    -Barry.

  6. Re: Could not connect to SERVADM.NetWare File System

    Thanks, Barry. I will try these and let you know.

    Joe

    >>> Barry St.John 02/22/06 6:46 PM >>>

    If you go to the BE Admin Console and go to Jobs|Backup|Make
    Selections, can you go to 'Agent SERVADM.NetWare File System' and open
    it and browse through the file system?

    If you can do that but your backup job still doesn't work, then you
    probably need to recreate your backup job.

    If not, refresh your agent list and try again. If that doesn't work,
    do a BESTOP on SERVADM, followed by BESTART. Refresh your agent list
    and try again.

    -Barry.

  7. Re: Could not connect to SERVADM.NetWare File System

    Read between questions.

    Joe

    >>> Barry St.John 02/22/06 6:46 PM >>>

    If you go to the BE Admin Console and go to Jobs|Backup|Make
    Selections, can you go to 'Agent SERVADM.NetWare File System' and open
    it and browse through the file system?

    Yes, I can.

    If you can do that but your backup job still doesn't work, then you
    probably need to recreate your backup job.

    I have created another backup job and set it to run tonight. Will let you know tomorrow.

    If not, refresh your agent list and try again. If that doesn't work,
    do a BESTOP on SERVADM, followed by BESTART. Refresh your agent list
    and try again.

    -Barry.

  8. Re: Could not connect to SERVADM.NetWare File System

    Hi, Barry. I created a new backup script and it did the same thing. I then deleted BE from ServAdm and re-installed it. The backup still did not work. I checked the NDMPSVRS.DAT file and it is correct. Help!

    Joe

    >>> Jay Merricks 02/23/06 1:47 PM >>>

    Read between questions.

    Joe

    >>> Barry St.John 02/22/06 6:46 PM >>>

    If you go to the BE Admin Console and go to Jobs|Backup|Make
    Selections, can you go to 'Agent SERVADM.NetWare File System' and open
    it and browse through the file system?

    Yes, I can.

    If you can do that but your backup job still doesn't work, then you
    probably need to recreate your backup job.

    I have created another backup job and set it to run tonight. Will let you know tomorrow.

    If not, refresh your agent list and try again. If that doesn't work,
    do a BESTOP on SERVADM, followed by BESTART. Refresh your agent list
    and try again.

    -Barry.

  9. Re: Could not connect to SERVADM.NetWare File System

    I was able to fix my issue. I went to Install and Maintenance, Login Accounts and the account for Servadm was not the default login. I checked it and it works now.

    Joe

    >>> Jay Merricks 02/22/06 8:41 AM >>>

    NW 6.5 SP4, BE 9.2 Build 1391. My backups have been running fine until about 3 days ago. I now get the message: Could not connect to SERVADM.NetWare File System when starting my backups. The script has not changed and the login credentials are the same for the other 9 servers and they work without a problem. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

    Joe Merricks
    Network Admin
    Hargrave Military Academy
    merricksj@hargrave.edu

  10. Re: Could not connect to SERVADM.NetWare File System

    Great! Glad you were able to figure it out.

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread