V9.1 with windows extinsions - still will not backup Win2K server - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on V9.1 with windows extinsions - still will not backup Win2K server - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi all, We have been chasing this problem around in a circle for some time now. About to the point of clanging everything over to Linux!!! Running BkExec 9.1 with all windows extension. From the agent we are able to ...

  1. V9.1 with windows extinsions - still will not backup Win2K server

    Hi all,

    We have been chasing this problem around in a circle for some time now.
    About to the point of clanging everything over to Linux!!!

    Running BkExec 9.1 with all windows extension. From the agent we are able
    to log into our call server to create the selections list, but unable to
    login at backup time. Any clues??? All suggestions appreciated!

    Thanks

  2. Re: V9.1 with windows extinsions - still will not backup Win2K server

    Bottom line: This is a local issue

    However it's a bit of unclear what you are trying to tell.

    You running a BackupExec 9.1. Is it a BackupExec for NetWare (BENW)? If so,
    what Version of BENW?

    What is it what you consider as "all Windows extensions" and what is it what
    you consider your agent? What is (your) a call server?

    BENW 9.1.1158.4 will do a great job to backup your Windows Server via the
    Remote Agent for Windows and will allow you to fully automate the backup
    of the Windows server on the NetWare Media Server.

    A few rough steps for diagnostics:
    - is it a TCP/IP issue? How about a ping?
    - is the task running on the Windows machine?
    - what is your login to the Windows box from the NetWare side of the house?
    Are this credentials correct?
    - what kind of response are you getting when BENW will start backing up Windows?

    "Jeremy" wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >We have been chasing this problem around in a circle for some time now.

    >About to the point of clanging everything over to Linux!!!
    >
    >Running BkExec 9.1 with all windows extension. From the agent we are able
    >to log into our call server to create the selections list, but unable to
    >login at backup time. Any clues??? All suggestions appreciated!
    >
    >Thanks

+ Reply to Thread