SSLLOOWW Backup - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on SSLLOOWW Backup - Veritas Backup Exec ; Netware 5.0 SB BE v9.0 Build 4202 on Server I've been using BE for nearly a year with an Exabyte VXA-2 with no problem until recently. There's been nothing added or revised on the server, hardware or software, during that ...

  1. SSLLOOWW Backup

    Netware 5.0 SB
    BE v9.0 Build 4202 on Server

    I've been using BE for nearly a year with an Exabyte VXA-2 with no problem
    until recently. There's been nothing added or revised on the server,
    hardware or software, during that time. All of sudden, the backups are
    painfully slow (1 gig/6 hours). Rebooted the server last Friday eve, but no
    change. I do use Norton Corporate AV on the server, but there was no change
    by unloading it. Would really appreciate some help. Thanks.

  2. Re: SSLLOOWW Backup

    John,
    how about do a diagnostics on the hardware, incl. the tape itself.
    k.m.w
    -----
    "John Donnewald" wrote:
    >Netware 5.0 SB
    >BE v9.0 Build 4202 on Server
    >
    >I've been using BE for nearly a year with an Exabyte VXA-2 with no problem
    >until recently. There's been nothing added or revised on the server,
    >hardware or software, during that time. All of sudden, the backups are
    >painfully slow (1 gig/6 hours). Rebooted the server last Friday eve, but

    no
    >change. I do use Norton Corporate AV on the server, but there was no change
    >by unloading it. Would really appreciate some help. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread