jobqueue Question - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on jobqueue Question - Veritas Backup Exec ; I never really noticed this before today. I had run out of room on the Saturday tape so I thought I would look at the job log. The server seemingly locked up when I pulled up the list. I did ...

  1. jobqueue Question

    I never really noticed this before today.
    I had run out of room on the Saturday tape so I thought I would look at
    the job log. The server seemingly locked up when I pulled up the list.
    I did an Alt Esc around to the NetShield and it was scanning the
    SYS:bkupexec\jobdata\jobqueue.dat directory and had the CPU between 99
    & 100% for seven or eight minutes and over 22,000 files scanned.
    (Netshield auto starts after BE finishes a job). I went back into the
    job log list, waited another seven minutes and deleted all the jobs
    older than two months. This time it was less tham a minute at 99%. Is
    this normal? Should I exclude BE directory from scanning altogether?

    Peter

    --

  2. Re: jobqueue Question

    Peter Jam wrote:

    > Should I exclude BE directory from scanning altogether?

    Yes, absolutely.

  3. Re: jobqueue Question

    Chris wrote:

    > Peter Jam wrote:
    >
    > > Should I exclude BE directory from scanning altogether?

    > Yes, absolutely.

    Thanks Chris