Configuration Administration Console - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Configuration Administration Console - Veritas Backup Exec ; Lately, I'm having problems with configuration of Java Administration Console (windows XP). For example, I can't create a new policy, or modify options of Pre/Post and Broadcast E-mail (only in the Java Administration Console; in the server, works ok). This ...

  1. Configuration Administration Console

    Lately, I'm having problems with configuration of Java Administration Console
    (windows XP). For example, I can't create a new policy, or modify options
    of Pre/Post and Broadcast E-mail (only in the Java Administration Console;
    in the server, works ok).
    This is happens with differents servers and differents versions of BE (9.1,
    9.2). After a new instalation of BE in the server, the configuration back
    to work again. What could be happening?

  2. Re: Configuration Administration Console

    Never heard of this sort of problem before. When you say that you cant
    create a new policy etc. What happens exactly when you try? Any errors
    on the workstation or on the 'Backup Exec Java Application Server'
    screen on the server?

  3. Re: Configuration Administration Console

    Nothing happens! No errors, no nothing... I modify an option, confirm and
    when I come back, looks like I never changed any option; or, when I click
    "Create New Policy", nothing happens... the screen to create policy doesn't
    appear.

    "Chris" wrote:
    >Never heard of this sort of problem before. When you say that you cant
    >create a new policy etc. What happens exactly when you try? Any errors
    >on the workstation or on the 'Backup Exec Java Application Server'
    >screen on the server?

  4. Re: Configuration Administration Console

    Have you looked on the Java Application Server screen on the server to
    see if there are any errors?

  5. Re: Configuration Administration Console

    No errors... and what is most curious: the problem started to happen in many
    servers, at the same time!!!

    "Chris" wrote:
    >Have you looked on the Java Application Server screen on the server to
    >see if there are any errors?

  6. Re: Configuration Administration Console

    OK, so have you made any changes to your servers recently? Any patches
    been installed?

  7. Re: Configuration Administration Console

    No, last change was last year, and only in a few servers... this problem starts
    about 2 weeks ago. Looks like some kind of expiration of some program/file,
    I dont know.

    "Chris" wrote:
    >OK, so have you made any changes to your servers recently? Any patches
    >been installed?

  8. Re: Configuration Administration Console

    Not sure what else to suggest to be honest. All other aspects of the
    java gui work ok? Backups, restores etc..?

    I think that you will probably need to open up a case with Symantec for
    this.

+ Reply to Thread