Slow open of backup source is very slow - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Slow open of backup source is very slow - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, I have backup exec V9.1 278601. Opening of the backup sources (only cluster recourses) are very extremely slow. The backup speed is normal. Any suggestions....

  1. Slow open of backup source is very slow

    Hi,
    I have backup exec V9.1 278601. Opening of the backup sources (only cluster
    recourses) are very extremely slow. The backup speed is normal.
    Any suggestions.

  2. Re: Slow open of backup source is very slow

    Hans ,

    This issue might occur if there is a problem with the SLP on the server..

    On the servet console of the main backup server...type

    display slp services smdr.novell

    it should return all the slp resources on the Network , check how
    much of time it takes to complete this..

    U might also want to re-configure smdr on the server.

    - Naveen
    "Hans" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >I have backup exec V9.1 278601. Opening of the backup sources (only cluster
    >recourses) are very extremely slow. The backup speed is normal.
    >Any suggestions.

  3. Re: Slow open of backup source is very slow

    Hi Naveen,

    To display the resources takes approximately 20 seconds for 17 resources.
    Is that normal ?

    Hans
    "Naveen" wrote:

    >Hans ,
    >
    >This issue might occur if there is a problem with the SLP on the server..
    >
    >On the servet console of the main backup server...type
    >
    >display slp services smdr.novell
    >
    >it should return all the slp resources on the Network , check how
    >much of time it takes to complete this..
    >
    >U might also want to re-configure smdr on the server.
    >
    >- Naveen
    >"Hans" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hi,
    >>I have backup exec V9.1 278601. Opening of the backup sources (only cluster
    >>recourses) are very extremely slow. The backup speed is normal.
    >>Any suggestions.

  4. Re: Slow open of backup source is very slow

    I had the same thing until I configured SLPDA on the Backup Server. I haven't
    removed it to test to determine if that was the fix.

    "Hans" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >I have backup exec V9.1 278601. Opening of the backup sources (only cluster
    >recourses) are very extremely slow. The backup speed is normal.
    >Any suggestions.

+ Reply to Thread