Libc Abends/OFM - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Libc Abends/OFM - Veritas Backup Exec ; I'm backing up a two node NW6.5 cluster to a separate NW6.5 media server. A while ago I started getting occasional abends in libc on one of the cluster nodes. I've since updated to SP4a and applied latest updates to ...

  1. Libc Abends/OFM

    I'm backing up a two node NW6.5 cluster to a separate NW6.5 media server.
    A while ago I started getting occasional abends in libc on one of the cluster
    nodes. I've since updated to SP4a and applied latest updates to the remote
    agent ofm and bkupexec on the media server. Abends are still happening despite
    this, it only seems to be affecting one server in the cluster and usually
    after a couple of nights. Any ideas?

  2. Re: Libc Abends/OFM

    Could you please post back with the following files from the server
    that is experiencing these abends:

    sys:\system\abend.log
    sys:\system\config.txt (type LOAD CONFIG /ALL at server console)

    Chris

  3. Re: Libc Abends/OFM

    There's a newer LIBC available you might try:

    http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/se...i?/2973065.htm

    -Barry.

  4. Re: Libc Abends/OFM

    "Chris" wrote:
    >Could you please post back with the following files from the server
    >that is experiencing these abends:
    >
    >sys:\system\abend.log
    >sys:\system\config.txt (type LOAD CONFIG /ALL at server console)
    >
    >Chris

    Thanks for the response - I don't get an abend log so have just been going
    by the limited info produced by the HP IML log. Another post has suggested
    trying a newer libc that's now available, if this doesn't cure the issue
    I'll turn off the HP asr and post up the logs
    James

  5. Re: Libc Abends/OFM

    Barry St.John wrote:
    >There's a newer LIBC available you might try:
    >
    >http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/se...i?/2973065.htm
    >
    >-Barry.

    Thanks for your response - I have installed the patch and will let you know
    the outcome

  6. Re: Libc Abends/OFM

    Thought it was fixed but it abended again last night - boohoo
    Any other thoughts?

    James

    Barry St.John wrote:
    >There's a newer LIBC available you might try:
    >
    >http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/se...i?/2973065.htm
    >
    >-Barry.

  7. Re: Libc Abends/OFM

    Hello Chris,

    I have since tried installing the nwlib6e update and this does seem to have improved the situation to some extent but last night the abend happened again after about two weeks instead of the previous 2 days. I have attached the config.txt and abend.log

    Thanks for any help you can give
    James

    > Could you please post back with the following files from the server
    > that is experiencing these abends:
    >
    > sys:\system\abend.log
    > sys:\system\config.txt (type LOAD CONFIG /ALL at server console)
    > Chris

  8. Re: Libc Abends/OFM

    Hi James,

    Well, the only things that I can recommend are:

    1. Unload Sophos anti-virus before backup (use the pre/post options in
    the policy) to see if this helps.

    2. Install NetWare 6.5 SP5.

    If you continue to have problems after this then I would say that you
    need to open up a case with Symantec..

    Chris

  9. Re: Libc Abends/OFM

    In article <44046083@ROSASTDMZ05.>, James wrote:
    > Thought it was fixed but it abended again last night - boohoo
    > Any other thoughts?

    Sorry, no. Post your abend log to the support.netware.6x.abends-hangs
    forum on Novell's news server.

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread