HP Ultium 232 LTO drive - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on HP Ultium 232 LTO drive - Veritas Backup Exec ; our old Ulrium 215 drive went bad so we purchased a new Ultium 232 LTO. Backup Exec will not recoginize the drive even though NetWare does. It is listed as "compatible" in the hardware list. How do I get Backup ...

  1. HP Ultium 232 LTO drive

    our old Ulrium 215 drive went bad so we purchased a new Ultium 232 LTO. Backup
    Exec will not recoginize the drive even though NetWare does. It is listed
    as "compatible" in the hardware list. How do I get Backup Exec 9.1 to see
    this drive?

    Thank you.

  2. Re: HP Ultium 232 LTO drive

    What build of 9.1 are you using (check sys:\bkupexec\version.doc for
    details)? You may need to update to the latest build:

    http://support.veritas.com/docs/278600

    You could also try the following steps:

    1. BESTOP
    2. Rename sys:\bkupexec\mm to mm.old
    3. BESTART

  3. Re: HP Ultium 232 LTO drive

    Version 1158.4

    Already renamed the MM folder and no luck. In the hardard compatability list
    it shows as "compatable" and the footnote tells me nothing. The fatc that
    it is listed as compatible makes me believe there is a way to get it to work
    but i have no idea how.

    "Chris" wrote:
    >What build of 9.1 are you using (check sys:\bkupexec\version.doc for
    >details)? You may need to update to the latest build:
    >
    >http://support.veritas.com/docs/278600
    >
    >You could also try the following steps:
    >
    >1. BESTOP
    >2. Rename sys:\bkupexec\mm to mm.old
    >3. BESTART

  4. Re: HP Ultium 232 LTO drive

    Can you post back with the following files:

    sys:\system\config.txt (LOAD CONFIG /ALL)
    sys:\bkupexec\tildbg.txt

  5. Re: HP Ultium 232 LTO drive

    "Chris" wrote:
    >Can you post back with the following files:
    >
    >sys:\system\config.txt (LOAD CONFIG /ALL)
    >sys:\bkupexec\tildbg.txt

    Chris,

    I have the same problem when using hp ultium 232 lto drive. Any solution
    for that?

  6. Re: HP Ultium 232 LTO drive

    Did you try renaming the MM folder?

    If that doesn't work, please post back with:

    sys:\bkupexec\bediag.fax (type LOAD BEDIAG at server console)
    sys:\system\config.txt (type LOAD CONFIG /ALL at server console)

    Please ensure that you remove all serial numbers & passwords from the
    above files.

    Chris

+ Reply to Thread