NW Media Server does not "see" Windows 2003 Remote - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on NW Media Server does not "see" Windows 2003 Remote - Veritas Backup Exec ; Media Server is NW 6.5 / SP3 Have Push Agents running on three remote NW 6.5 servers and two Windows 2000 servers. Problem is with a Windows 2003 server. The agent installs and runs. Have updated the remote agent list ...

  1. NW Media Server does not "see" Windows 2003 Remote

    Media Server is NW 6.5 / SP3

    Have Push Agents running on three remote NW 6.5 servers and two Windows 2000
    servers.

    Problem is with a Windows 2003 server. The agent installs and runs. Have
    updated the remote agent list on the Media Server. The firewall on the 2003
    server is NOT running. (Changed the ports from 2710 to 2810,2910 and 2510

    - no change.)

    Any insights. This is a 60 eval installation.

    Thanks,

    Mike Floyd

  2. Re: NW Media Server does not "see" Windows 2003 Remote

    Have you checked to see that name resolution is working in BOTH
    directions?

  3. Re: NW Media Server does not "see" Windows 2003 Remote

    Chris:

    Name Resolution both directions? When the client is installed on the Windows
    2003 Server it "sees" the remote Netware Media Server that will back it up.

    Beyond that I am at a loss. What should I be looking for?

    Thanks,

    Mike Floyd

  4. Re: NW Media Server does not "see" Windows 2003 Remote

    Can you ping the media server by name from the windows server and
    vice-versa? You may need to add entries to both hosts files to get this
    to work or update DNS.

  5. Re: NW Media Server does not "see" Windows 2003 Remote

    Chris:

    Am able to ping both ways by name and number.

    Other ideas?

    Thanks,

    Mike Floyd

  6. Re: NW Media Server does not "see" Windows 2003 Remote

    Are you on the latest build which is 9.1.1158.4? You can check this by
    looking at sys:\bkupexec\version.doc. If you are on an older build you
    may as well try it:

    http://support.veritas.com/docs/278600

  7. Re: NW Media Server does not "see" Windows 2003 Remote

    Chris:

    Running 9.2 build 1391.14 according to Version.doc on the server.

    Mike Floyd

  8. Re: NW Media Server does not "see" Windows 2003 Remote

    "Chris" wrote:
    >Can you ping the media server by name from the windows server and
    >vice-versa? You may need to add entries to both hosts files to get this
    >to work or update DNS.

    Hi,
    I'm having 100% the same problem. Any solutions yet??
    Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread