Quick check - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Quick check - Veritas Backup Exec ; Recently installed Backup Exec for Netware version 9.2, and set the default policy to do a quick check. The quick check is not happening. I am backing up the media server, and one remote server that has the open file ...

  1. Quick check

    Recently installed Backup Exec for Netware version 9.2, and set the default
    policy to do a quick check. The quick check is not happening. I am backing
    up the media server, and one remote server that has the open file option.
    Both servers are running Netware 6.5 SP3. Any ideas as to why the quick check
    is not running?

  2. Re: Quick check

    On 03/11/2005 "Lane Oakley" wrote:
    thanks for repsonding,

    I am getting an error sms saying that 5 trustees cannot be backed up in
    sysublic on the remote server. Also on the remote server, there were
    about 22 files that were skipped for being in use on the sys: volume, even
    though I had the open file option running. I do not know where quick check
    target is, is that part of the default policy? I am going to change to verify
    instead of quick check to see if that makes any difference

    >Getting any errors in the backup? Insufficient privileges, etc. cause verify
    >to be skipped. ALso - did you configure Quick Check target in Options ->
    >Media Server? Gotta have the target set up. Only file system components quick
    >check - NDS, SSI, etc. cannot be redirected and thus are not quick-checked.
    >BTW, quick check is like the lotto - bet everything on one file.
    >
    >"Mike Paschke" wrote:
    >>Recently installed Backup Exec for Netware version 9.2, and set the default

    >>policy to do a quick check. The quick check is not happening. I am backing

    >>up the media server, and one remote server that has the open file option.

    >>Both servers are running Netware 6.5 SP3. Any ideas as to why the quick

    >check
    >>is not running?

  3. Re: Quick check

    "Mike Paschke" wrote:
    >Recently installed Backup Exec for Netware version 9.2, and set the default

    >policy to do a quick check. The quick check is not happening. I am backing

    >up the media server, and one remote server that has the open file option.

    >Both servers are running Netware 6.5 SP3. Any ideas as to why the quick

    check
    >is not running?

  4. Re: Quick check

    "Mike Paschke" wrote in message
    > On 03/11/2005 "Lane Oakley" wrote:
    > thanks for repsonding,
    >
    > I am getting an error sms saying that 5 trustees cannot be backed up in
    > sysublic on the remote server. Also on the remote server, there were
    > about 22 files that were skipped for being in use on the sys: volume, even
    > though I had the open file option running. I do not know where quick check
    > target is, is that part of the default policy? I am going to change to

    verify
    > instead of quick check to see if that makes any difference
    > >
    > >Getting any errors in the backup? Insufficient privileges, etc. cause

    verify
    > >to be skipped. ALso - did you configure Quick Check target in Options ->
    > >Media Server? Gotta have the target set up. Only file system components

    quick
    > >check - NDS, SSI, etc. cannot be redirected and thus are not

    quick-checked.
    > >BTW, quick check is like the lotto - bet everything on one file.
    > >
    > >"Mike Paschke" wrote:
    > >>Recently installed Backup Exec for Netware version 9.2, and set the

    default

    > >>policy to do a quick check. The quick check is not happening. I am

    backing

    > >>up the media server, and one remote server that has the open file

    option.

    > >>Both servers are running Netware 6.5 SP3. Any ideas as to why the quick

    > >check
    > >>is not running?

    QuickCheck by efaults checks a small file for comparison (I believe 2 K). If
    no such file can be found, then QuickCheck won't happen.
    Might want to rebuild smdr / Load SMDR new to get rid of the SMS errors.on
    your remote
    Use SMS check to see if all servers show

+ Reply to Thread