how do I delete History file - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on how do I delete History file - Veritas Backup Exec ; How could I delete history file that more than 90 days. Thanks Acme...

  1. how do I delete History file

    How could I delete history file that more than 90 days.
    Thanks
    Acme

  2. Re: how do I delete History file

    Assuming you have BE v9.x, go to the main menu of the BE Admin Console
    on the server. Choose Options|Media Server|Job Log. Set the number of
    job logs to keep. You can't set it by days, so if you run 5 backups
    per night, set it to 5x90=450.

    Then go to Options|Media Server|Catalog and set the catalog retention
    to 90 days. Don't forget to check the box or it won't actually take
    effect.

    Now, this will only work going forward. Your old job logs and catalogs
    will have to be deleted manually. Go to Administration|Job Logs to
    delete job logs. You can use the spacebar to select multiple logs,
    then press [Del] to delete all of them at once.

    Go to Media View|Catalog to get a list of all catalogs. You can delete
    them the same way as the job logs.

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread