Tape not load BE 8.5 with netware 6.5 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Tape not load BE 8.5 with netware 6.5 - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have a HP Proliant ML110 with a HP StorageWorks DAT72. The problem is the tape not load correctly when the BE is load. If I insert the tape with BE 8.5 loaded, the tape backup init de load (I ...

  1. Tape not load BE 8.5 with netware 6.5

    I have a HP Proliant ML110 with a HP StorageWorks DAT72. The problem is the
    tape not load correctly when the BE is load.
    If I insert the tape with BE 8.5 loaded, the tape backup init de load (I
    see the Tape led flashing) but that process do not finish never. I have to
    reinitialize the netware 6.5 to recognize the inserted tape and could backup
    or restore on that unit.
    Few days ago I discovered that if I unload the BE before eject the tape and
    load the new one, the tape is load without problem.

    what can I do to solve this problem?
    Paola

  2. Re: Tape not load BE 8.5 with netware 6.5

    I don't believe Backup Exec 8.5 is supported on NetWare 6.5.
    Regardless, 8.5 hasn't been supported at all for over a year now.

    Make sure you aren't loading NWTAPE or SCSI2TP. If you are using
    NWASPI.CDM you could try using Veritas' BECDM.CDM instead.

    Make sure you SCSI bus is properly terminated. And you should not have
    the tape drive on the same SCSI chain as disk drives.

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread