Unable to connect or communicate with target server - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Unable to connect or communicate with target server - Veritas Backup Exec ; When trying to backup a Netware 6.5 SP4 server with Backup Exec 9.1 I'm getting the following error: Unable to connect or communicate with target server Error 24711 Doing a search on the Veritas support site I don't see anything ...

  1. Unable to connect or communicate with target server

    When trying to backup a Netware 6.5 SP4 server with Backup Exec 9.1 I'm
    getting the following error:

    Unable to connect or communicate with target server

    Error 24711

    Doing a search on the Veritas support site I don't see anything with error
    24711

    Any idea's? (I haven't rebooted the server yet, but that is my next step)

    Thanks

  2. Re: Unable to connect or communicate with target server

    double check that BE agents are running ....

    BESTOP then a BESTART on Target server

    Then from media server, I'd try Job, Update Agent List

    Last resort, then I'd try a re-boot of media server. And again, Update
    Agents List.

    good luck,
    Brandon Fouts.

    >>> John 10/28/2005 2:27 PM >>>

    When trying to backup a Netware 6.5 SP4 server with Backup Exec 9.1 I'm
    getting the following error:

    Unable to connect or communicate with target server

    Error 24711

    Doing a search on the Veritas support site I don't see anything with error

    24711

    Any idea's? (I haven't rebooted the server yet, but that is my next step)

    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread