Restoring compressed files to non-compressed volume - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Restoring compressed files to non-compressed volume - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am attempting to restore files using Backup Exec for Netware ver 9.1 1154. The files were originally backed up from a server with a compressed volume. We have since retired that server and replaced it with a new server ...

  1. Restoring compressed files to non-compressed volume

    I am attempting to restore files using Backup Exec for Netware ver 9.1 1154.
    The files were originally backed up from a server with a compressed volume.
    We have since retired that server and replaced it with a new server with
    a non-compressed volume. I need to restore files backed up from Server A's
    compressed volume to Server B's non-compressed volume? Can this be done?
    And, if so, how?

  2. Re: Restoring compressed files to non-compressed volume

    No, this can't be done. Your best bet is to temporarily create a
    compressed volume and restore the data to that and then copy it across.
    Also, if the original volume was traditional then make sure that you
    are restoring to a trad volume and vice versa if it was NSS..

    Chris

  3. Re: Restoring compressed files to non-compressed volume

    In article <435f9e36@ROSASTDMZ05.>, Chris wrote:
    > Also, if the original volume was traditional then make sure that you
    > are restoring to a trad volume and vice versa if it was NSS..

    As it pertains to compression, yes. For uncompressed data, TFS data
    can be restored to NSS volumes.

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread