Administration Console not refreshing view - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Administration Console not refreshing view - Veritas Backup Exec ; Console (ver 9.1 1156) is installed on windows xp pro PC connecting to a novell 6.5 server. When trying to import/export tapes the console is very slow to update the view to indicate whether the job has finished or that ...

  1. Administration Console not refreshing view

    Console (ver 9.1 1156) is installed on windows xp pro PC connecting to a novell
    6.5 server.
    When trying to import/export tapes the console is very slow to update the
    view to indicate whether the job has finished or that the tapes are in the
    tape drives slots.
    Usually only forcing a manual refresh helps.
    This also happens when there are alerts and sometimes it impossible to view
    the alert to clear it as the view is not updated to list it.

    Anyone help?

  2. Re: Administration Console not refreshing view

    I prefer to run the Java Admin Console on the server instead of my
    workstation. If I want to access it from my workstation I run Novell
    Remote Manager and access the console screens that way. I find it's
    much more reliable/responsive that way.

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread