Library slot expansion - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Library slot expansion - Veritas Backup Exec ; We had have an HP MSL6030 FC with 30 slots. BackupExec handle the device in the right way, now we have extend the Library with 30 slots. In the webfrontend we see now 2 mail slots, 1 cleaning tape an ...

  1. Library slot expansion

    We had have an HP MSL6030 FC with 30 slots. BackupExec handle the device in
    the right way, now we have extend the Library with 30 slots. In the webfrontend
    we see now 2 mail slots, 1 cleaning tape an 57 slots. In backupExec we can
    address only the first 30 slots and BE doesn`t recognize the slot expansion.
    Any one a bright idea ?
    Thomas

  2. Re: Library slot expansion

    You might need to delete the robot, exit BE. Restart BE and should
    find the "new" robot. Note that your partitions will probably have to
    be recreated afterward, as well.

    Maybe make a copy of your MM folder first in case you need/want to
    revert.

    -Barry.

  3. Re: Library slot expansion

    Barry St.John wrote:
    >You might need to delete the robot, exit BE. Restart BE and should
    >find the "new" robot. Note that your partitions will probably have to
    >be recreated afterward, as well.
    >
    >Maybe make a copy of your MM folder first in case you need/want to
    >revert.
    >
    >-Barry.

    Thanks Barry,
    I thought, I have do do that. But I hopped somebody had have done it.
    I try it with the backup of the MM folder.
    Thomas

+ Reply to Thread