VXA-2 SCSI to Netware Volume - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on VXA-2 SCSI to Netware Volume - Veritas Backup Exec ; I'm using an Adaptec 29160 to SCSI to my VXA-2. Can I SCSI an additional Netware volume to this? Is it acceptable to have it after the VXA-2? Thanks....

  1. VXA-2 SCSI to Netware Volume

    I'm using an Adaptec 29160 to SCSI to my VXA-2. Can I SCSI an additional
    Netware volume to this? Is it acceptable to have it after the VXA-2?
    Thanks.

  2. Re: VXA-2 SCSI to Netware Volume

    It's never a good idea to put disks and tape/cd/dvd on the same
    channel. If you have a dual channel controller you can have all the
    devices on one controller, provided disks are on their own channel.

    -Barry.

  3. Re: VXA-2 SCSI to Netware Volume

    Thanks Barry. I have some extra slots available.

    "Barry St.John" wrote in message
    > It's never a good idea to put disks and tape/cd/dvd on the same
    > channel. If you have a dual channel controller you can have all the
    > devices on one controller, provided disks are on their own channel.
    >
    > -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread