Cannot disable overwrite protection - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Cannot disable overwrite protection - Veritas Backup Exec ; When I try and put tape in for day, it pops back out with alert saying media is overwrite protected. The physical switch on media is set to unlock, and when I try and change the overwrite options in admin ...

  1. Cannot disable overwrite protection

    When I try and put tape in for day, it pops back out with alert saying media
    is overwrite protected. The physical switch on media is set to unlock, and
    when I try and change the overwrite options in admin console, it just sits
    there incrementing message bar, and red x pops up. running 9.10.1067. Help!!!!

  2. Re: Cannot disable overwrite protection

    Mike Rainey wrote:

    > When I try and put tape in for day, it pops back out with alert
    > saying media is overwrite protected. The physical switch on media is
    > set to unlock, and when I try and change the overwrite options in
    > admin console, it just sits there incrementing message bar, and red x
    > pops up. running 9.10.1067. Help!!!!

    First thing you should do is go to the latest build which is 9.1.1156:

    http://support.veritas.com/docs/277420

+ Reply to Thread