Changed IP address of Servers - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Changed IP address of Servers - Veritas Backup Exec ; John > We consolidated 3 offices into one. In the process we changed the IP addresses > of 2 of our servers. > > We can no longer back them up as the media server can no longer see the ...

  1. Re: Changed IP address of Servers

    John
    > We consolidated 3 offices into one. In the process we changed the IP addresses
    > of 2 of our servers.
    >
    > We can no longer back them up as the media server can no longer see the servers.
    > I can't find a way to change the IP addresses of the servers in BackupExec.

    The server details should already be in the \BKUPEXEC\NDMPSVRS.DAT file
    on the media server - just stop BE, edit this file & change the IP
    address, then restart BE.

    Michael
    needed a new one anyway"

  2. Changed IP address of Servers

    We consolidated 3 offices into one. In the process we changed the IP addresses
    of 2 of our servers.

    We can no longer back them up as the media server can no longer see the servers.
    I can't find a way to change the IP addresses of the servers in BackupExec.

    Can anyone help?

  3. Re: Changed IP address of Servers

    Michael wrote:
    >John
    >> We consolidated 3 offices into one. In the process we changed the IP

    addresses
    >> of 2 of our servers.
    >>
    >> We can no longer back them up as the media server can no longer see the

    servers.
    >> I can't find a way to change the IP addresses of the servers in BackupExec.

    >The server details should already be in the \BKUPEXEC\NDMPSVRS.DAT file

    >on the media server - just stop BE, edit this file & change the IP
    >address, then restart BE.
    >
    >Michael
    >--
    >"If it jams, force it. If it breaks, you probably
    >needed a new one anyway"
    >
    >* Please post replies via the newsgroup *

    Thanks Michael.

    That did it. I just did not know the file I needed to change.

    Thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread