BENW 9.1 new install tape drive problem - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BENW 9.1 new install tape drive problem - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am upgrading servers and have a problem with BENW 9.1 in that it keeps telling me to eject the media in my robot's drive before I continue, however there is no media in the drive, just in the slots. ...

  1. BENW 9.1 new install tape drive problem

    I am upgrading servers and have a problem with BENW 9.1 in that it keeps telling
    me to eject the media in my robot's drive before I continue, however there
    is no media in the drive, just in the slots.

    If I create a restore or inventory job, the first thing it does when it goes
    active is to try to eject fictious media in HA:0 ID:4 LUN:0 Compaq 40/80GB
    DLT LDRV...

    My new server is a Proliant DL380G4 with integrated Smart Array 6i which
    is plugged in through external connection to my Compaq TL891DLX mini-library
    (10 DLT Changer). I have a separate Smart Array 641 installed to run my
    HD array.

    Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Jim

  2. Re: BENW 9.1 new install tape drive problem

    Sorry to all,

    I didn't realize that the TL891 required LUNs which the 6i RAID adapter couldn't
    provide. Once I added a straight SCSI adapter for the tape drive everything
    started working correctly.

    "Jim Green" wrote:

    >I am upgrading servers and have a problem with BENW 9.1 in that it keeps

    telling
    >me to eject the media in my robot's drive before I continue, however there
    >is no media in the drive, just in the slots.
    >
    >If I create a restore or inventory job, the first thing it does when it

    goes
    >active is to try to eject fictious media in HA:0 ID:4 LUN:0 Compaq 40/80GB
    >DLT LDRV...
    >
    >My new server is a Proliant DL380G4 with integrated Smart Array 6i which
    >is plugged in through external connection to my Compaq TL891DLX mini-library
    >(10 DLT Changer). I have a separate Smart Array 641 installed to run my
    >HD array.
    >
    >Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Jim

+ Reply to Thread