How can I use BackUp Exec to back up to an external USB hard drive? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on How can I use BackUp Exec to back up to an external USB hard drive? - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have a newly installed Netware 6.5 SP3 server and would like to back up to an external USB hard drive. Netware recognizes the hard drive and lists it in the devices list. I cannot get BackUp Exec to "see" ...

  1. How can I use BackUp Exec to back up to an external USB hard drive?

    I have a newly installed Netware 6.5 SP3 server and would like to back up
    to an external USB hard drive. Netware recognizes the hard drive and lists
    it in the devices list. I cannot get BackUp Exec to "see" it as a legitimate
    storage location.

    I'm feeling really stupid right now, so any help you can offer would be greatly
    appreciated.

    Thanks so much.

    PMorrisJr

  2. Re: How can I use BackUp Exec to back up to an external USB harddrive?

    Glad you asked that question because we had the same question we wanted
    answered?

    Thanks
    Mark

    PMorrisJr wrote:
    > I have a newly installed Netware 6.5 SP3 server and would like to back up
    > to an external USB hard drive. Netware recognizes the hard drive and lists
    > it in the devices list. I cannot get BackUp Exec to "see" it as a legitimate
    > storage location.
    >
    > I'm feeling really stupid right now, so any help you can offer would be greatly
    > appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks so much.
    >
    > PMorrisJr

  3. Re: How can I use BackUp Exec to back up to an external USB hard drive?

    Are you using BENW91
    There no B2D support on older BENW releases.

    Use Netware to create a partition , volume on that USB drive first.. made
    sure the volume is mount.
    Use BENW to create new B2D folder.

    P. Tran

    "PMorrisJr" wrote in message

    > I have a newly installed Netware 6.5 SP3 server and would like to back up
    > to an external USB hard drive. Netware recognizes the hard drive and lists
    > it in the devices list. I cannot get BackUp Exec to "see" it as a

    legitimate
    > storage location.
    >
    > I'm feeling really stupid right now, so any help you can offer would be

    greatly
    > appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks so much.
    >
    > PMorrisJr

  4. Re: How can I use BackUp Exec to back up to an external USB hard drive?

    I am using BENW 9.1, build 1152
    Netware 6.5 SP3

    Again, I'm feeling a little stupid, but how do I create a Novell partition/volume
    on the USB drive through Netware?

    Thanks.

    PMorrisJr

    "Ptran" wrote:
    >Are you using BENW91
    >There no B2D support on older BENW releases.
    >
    >Use Netware to create a partition , volume on that USB drive first.. made
    >sure the volume is mount.
    >Use BENW to create new B2D folder.
    >
    >P. Tran
    >

    >"PMorrisJr" wrote in message
    >>
    >> I have a newly installed Netware 6.5 SP3 server and would like to back

    up
    >> to an external USB hard drive. Netware recognizes the hard drive and lists
    >> it in the devices list. I cannot get BackUp Exec to "see" it as a

    >legitimate
    >> storage location.
    >>
    >> I'm feeling really stupid right now, so any help you can offer would be

    >greatly
    >> appreciated.
    >>
    >> Thanks so much.
    >>
    >> PMorrisJr

  5. Re: How can I use BackUp Exec to back up to an external USB hard drive?

    treat the USB drive same as other new additional drive.
    use
    http://www.novell.com/documentation/...a/boswzl1.html
    or
    easiest is to use web base NetWare remote manager
    https://your.server.ip.number:8009
    select partition disks. you should see the USB drive show up on the
    selection.

    P. Tran

    "PMorrisJr" wrote in message

    > I am using BENW 9.1, build 1152
    > Netware 6.5 SP3
    >
    > Again, I'm feeling a little stupid, but how do I create a Novell

    partition/volume
    > on the USB drive through Netware?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > PMorrisJr
    >
    > "Ptran" wrote:
    > >Are you using BENW91
    > >There no B2D support on older BENW releases.
    > >
    > >Use Netware to create a partition , volume on that USB drive first.. made
    > >sure the volume is mount.
    > >Use BENW to create new B2D folder.
    > >
    > >P. Tran
    > >

    > >"PMorrisJr" wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> I have a newly installed Netware 6.5 SP3 server and would like to back

    > up
    > >> to an external USB hard drive. Netware recognizes the hard drive and

    lists
    > >> it in the devices list. I cannot get BackUp Exec to "see" it as a

    > >legitimate
    > >> storage location.
    > >>
    > >> I'm feeling really stupid right now, so any help you can offer would be

    > >greatly
    > >> appreciated.
    > >>
    > >> Thanks so much.
    > >>
    > >> PMorrisJr