Low Number of replies - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Low Number of replies - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi There! Does anyone from Veritas monitor these newsgroups and respond to queries? I know its free support and all, but of my 6 posts, I had not a single response?...

  1. Low Number of replies

    Hi There!

    Does anyone from Veritas monitor these newsgroups and
    respond to queries? I know its free support and all, but of
    my 6 posts, I had not a single response?

  2. Re: Low Number of replies

    It does seem that there are numerous posts without responses. I'm hoping I'll
    get a response to my question above within the next week.

    PMorrisJr

    "Andre Southgate" wrote:
    >Hi There!
    >
    >Does anyone from Veritas monitor these newsgroups and
    >respond to queries? I know its free support and all, but of
    >my 6 posts, I had not a single response?

  3. Re: Low Number of replies

    The answer is no, these newsgroups do not have technicians assigned to
    answer posts and provide support in these groups. These groups were
    designed to provide a place where users could help each other. Now,
    having said that, you will often find answers from both current and
    former Veritas employees (which I am) on various questions. However,
    the answers are based on our expertise (mine is NetBackup) and our
    areas of interest and amount of free time to peruse the group and
    answer. There are slow periods in all the groups where people may not
    get their questions answered right away but eventually one is usually
    provided. I watch this group because I am a relatively new user to
    Backup Exec and have to ask a lot of questions just like you guys. If
    you have something that requires an urgent answer the best thing to do
    is open a support case and get your answer right away. If it can wait
    a day or two then post the question here and someone will try to
    answer it.

    Jeff

    On 27 Jun 2005 10:45:08 -0500, "PMorrisJr"
    wrote:

    >It does seem that there are numerous posts without responses. I'm hoping I'll
    >get a response to my question above within the next week.
    >
    >PMorrisJr
    >
    >"Andre Southgate" wrote:
    >>Hi There!
    >>
    >>Does anyone from Veritas monitor these newsgroups and
    >>respond to queries? I know its free support and all, but of
    >>my 6 posts, I had not a single response?

  4. Re: Low Number of replies

    Sorry it may have seemed as I was bitching which was not the
    intention, more a clarification so I can adjust my
    expectations accordingly. I know these and a lot of other
    newsgroups are
    responded to with the persons spare time, i just wondered if
    veritas had assigned techs to look into issues as well.

+ Reply to Thread