Timeout Settings - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Timeout Settings - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi There! How do I Set timeouts for errors and alerts? I am sick of resetting backups for clients, when the windows version can be told to abort after waiting 2 hours for a tape, or whatever?...

  1. Timeout Settings

    Hi There!

    How do I Set timeouts for errors and alerts? I am sick of resetting backups
    for clients, when the windows version can be told to abort after waiting
    2 hours for a tape, or whatever?

  2. Re: Timeout Settings

    Andre ,

    check out the settings under :-

    - Options,media server,ganeral ->timeouts and delays.

    - backup_master.

    "Andre Southgate" wrote:

    >Hi There!
    >
    >How do I Set timeouts for errors and alerts? I am sick of resetting backups
    >for clients, when the windows version can be told to abort after waiting
    >2 hours for a tape, or whatever?

  3. Re: Timeout Settings

    bkp_master wrote:
    > check out the settings under :-
    >
    > - Options,media server,ganeral ->timeouts and delays.

    And this TechNote should help:

    Michael
    needed a new one anyway"

  4. Re: Timeout Settings

    Thanks thats exactly what I was looking for!

    >>> Michael 28/06/05 08:41 p.m. >>>

    >bkp_master wrote:
    >> check out the settings under :-
    >>
    >> - Options,media server,ganeral ->timeouts and delays.

    >And this TechNote should help:
    >http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/189146.htm
    >
    >Michael
    >--
    >"If it jams, force it. If it breaks, you probably
    >needed a new one anyway"
    >
    >* Please post replies via the newsgroup *

  5. Re: Timeout Settings

    Andre
    > Thanks thats exactly what I was looking for!

    np

    Michael
    needed a new one anyway"