BE 9.1 and SDX-700V - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BE 9.1 and SDX-700V - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have just replaced my AIT SDX-500C with a new SDX-700V and Backup Exec refuses to see it. It is seen with a 'list storage devices' command at the Netware prompt and I am using the same cabling, etc. as ...

  1. BE 9.1 and SDX-700V

    I have just replaced my AIT SDX-500C with a new SDX-700V and Backup Exec refuses
    to see it. It is seen with a 'list storage devices' command at the Netware
    prompt and I am using the same cabling, etc. as for the SDX-500C. Also upgraded
    to the latest version of BE 9.1.

    Does anyone have any suggestions?

  2. Re: BE 9.1 and SDX-700V

    Jim Smith wrote:

    > I have just replaced my AIT SDX-500C with a new SDX-700V and Backup
    > Exec refuses to see it. It is seen with a 'list storage devices'
    > command at the Netware prompt and I am using the same cabling, etc.
    > as for the SDX-500C. Also upgraded to the latest version of BE 9.1.
    >
    > Does anyone have any suggestions?

    Doesn't appear to be supported:

    http://support.veritas.com/docs/271380

    You may want to check the documentation as I know that on some Sony
    drives you can alter the dip switches to use 'compatibility mode'. It
    would then appear as a supported device (SDX-700C for example).

    Chris

+ Reply to Thread