Using Tape drive connected to agent? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Using Tape drive connected to agent? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Version 9.0 4174. Is it possible to use a tape drive that is not connected to the media server, but an agent instead? I bought an additional drive but, think I've overloaded all the SCSI cards on the media server. ...

  1. Using Tape drive connected to agent?

    Version 9.0 4174.

    Is it possible to use a tape drive that is not connected to the media server,
    but an agent instead? I bought an additional drive but, think I've overloaded
    all the SCSI cards on the media server.

    Thanks for any help.

    Seth Longmire

  2. Re: Using Tape drive connected to agent?

    Seth
    > Version 9.0 4174.

    You should update this to the latest build, 4202. See:
    + add this patch:

    > Is it possible to use a tape drive that is not connected to the media server,
    > but an agent instead?

    Sorry - no, this isn't possible - unless you install BE as a media
    server on that server.

    Michael
    needed a new one anyway"