BE 9.1 Netware - Remote server loses connection - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BE 9.1 Netware - Remote server loses connection - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am using BE 9.1 for Netware, recently upgraded to Netware 6 SP 5. I have one media server responsilble for 6 remote servers. When BE 9.1 starts, it will do a pre-scan with no problem, then when the actual ...

  1. BE 9.1 Netware - Remote server loses connection

    I am using BE 9.1 for Netware, recently upgraded to Netware 6 SP 5. I have
    one media server responsilble for 6 remote servers. When BE 9.1 starts,
    it will do a pre-scan with no problem, then when the actual backup begins,
    after 5% to 7% completed, the remote server will lose the IP connection,
    as if something unbinded the IP protocol. This results in rebooting the
    server to establish communication again.

  2. Re: BE 9.1 Netware - Remote server loses connection

    Frank
    > I am using BE 9.1 for Netware, recently upgraded to Netware 6 SP 5. I have
    > one media server responsilble for 6 remote servers. When BE 9.1 starts,
    > it will do a pre-scan with no problem, then when the actual backup begins,
    > after 5% to 7% completed, the remote server will lose the IP connection,
    > as if something unbinded the IP protocol. This results in rebooting the
    > server to establish communication again.

    Is IP still bound correctly on the remote server & is it accessible to
    clients as normal when this happens? Does it happen on every remote
    server?

    BTW, make sure you're running build 1154 on all servers.

    Michael
    needed a new one anyway"

  3. Re: BE 9.1 Netware - Remote server loses connection

    Michael wrote:
    >Frank
    >> I am using BE 9.1 for Netware, recently upgraded to Netware 6 SP 5. I

    have
    >> one media server responsilble for 6 remote servers. When BE 9.1 starts,
    >> it will do a pre-scan with no problem, then when the actual backup begins,
    >> after 5% to 7% completed, the remote server will lose the IP connection,
    >> as if something unbinded the IP protocol. This results in rebooting the
    >> server to establish communication again.

    >Is IP still bound correctly on the remote server & is it accessible to
    >clients as normal when this happens? Does it happen on every remote
    >server?
    >
    >BTW, make sure you're running build 1154 on all servers.
    >
    >Michael
    >--
    >"If it jams, force it. If it breaks, you probably
    >needed a new one anyway"
    >
    >* Please post replies via the newsgroup *

    Hi,

    Could this be a Netware 6 SP 5 problem? We have what looks like the same
    problem with BE 9.0 Build 4202.

    Best regards,

    Jac

  4. Re: BE 9.1 Netware - Remote server loses connection

    Jac
    > Solved this. Although the (on board) network card of the Netware server seemed
    > allright, it somehow choked on copying a big file, completely unnoticed by
    > Netware. And thus the TCP/IP connection was gone. Replaced it by a decent
    > NIC and all was well.

    Excellent - glad it's sorted & thanks for the report back

    Michael
    needed a new one anyway"

  5. Re: BE 9.1 Netware - Remote server loses connection

    "Jac Backus" wrote:

    >Michael wrote:
    >>Frank
    >>> I am using BE 9.1 for Netware, recently upgraded to Netware 6 SP 5.

    >have
    >>> one media server responsilble for 6 remote servers. When BE 9.1 starts,
    >>> it will do a pre-scan with no problem, then when the actual backup begins,
    >>> after 5% to 7% completed, the remote server will lose the IP connection,
    >>> as if something unbinded the IP protocol. This results in rebooting

    the
    >>> server to establish communication again.

    >>Is IP still bound correctly on the remote server & is it accessible to

    >>clients as normal when this happens? Does it happen on every remote
    >>server?
    >>
    >>BTW, make sure you're running build 1154 on all servers.
    >>
    >>Michael
    >>--
    >>"If it jams, force it. If it breaks, you probably
    >>needed a new one anyway"
    >>
    >>* Please post replies via the newsgroup *

    >Hi,
    >
    >Could this be a Netware 6 SP 5 problem? We have what looks like the same
    >problem with BE 9.0 Build 4202.
    >
    >Best regards,
    >
    >Jac

    Hi,

    Solved this. Although the (on board) network card of the Netware server seemed
    allright, it somehow choked on copying a big file, completely unnoticed by
    Netware. And thus the TCP/IP connection was gone. Replaced it by a decent
    NIC and all was well.

    Best regards,

    Jac

+ Reply to Thread