BE 9.1revision1152 on NW65sp2 hangs on random files - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BE 9.1revision1152 on NW65sp2 hangs on random files - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have a couple servers that are experiencing backup hangs on a monthly basis. Backup Exec hangs on a random file and displays "short term memory allocator out of memory from module TSAFS.NLM." The only way i can get the ...

  1. BE 9.1revision1152 on NW65sp2 hangs on random files

    I have a couple servers that are experiencing backup hangs on a monthly basis.
    Backup Exec hangs on a random file and displays "short term memory allocator
    out of memory from module TSAFS.NLM."

    The only way i can get the problem to correct itself is by restarting the
    server. We do not use the open file option and only one memory error occurs
    at the time of the hang.

    Any help will greatly appreciated.

    Javier Medrano

  2. Re: BE 9.1revision1152 on NW65sp2 hangs on random files

    Javier
    > I have a couple servers that are experiencing backup hangs on a monthly basis.
    > Backup Exec hangs on a random file and displays "short term memory allocator
    > out of memory from module TSAFS.NLM."

    I would be looking at the following TID from Novell, since TSAFS is a
    Novell supplied module and has shown memory problems before:
    http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/se...?/10091980.htm

    Michael
    needed a new one anyway"