Catalog files - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Catalog files - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have Backup Exec 8.5 loaded on a Netware 5.1 server. I am having space issues on the Sys volume and the Catalog directory is the main problem - almost 6 GB in size. Does it need to be that ...

  1. Catalog files

    I have Backup Exec 8.5 loaded on a Netware 5.1 server. I am having space
    issues on the Sys volume and the Catalog directory is the main problem -
    almost 6 GB in size. Does it need to be that large? How can I safely reduce
    the size of it?

    Barry

  2. Re: Catalog files

    Barry
    > I have Backup Exec 8.5 loaded on a Netware 5.1 server. I am having space
    > issues on the Sys volume and the Catalog directory is the main problem -
    > almost 6 GB in size. Does it need to be that large? How can I safely reduce
    > the size of it?

    You can remove catalogs not accessed in a certain number of days, see:

    What you need to remember is that after a catalog has been removed, you
    need to re-catalog the tape if you want to restore from it.

    BTW, you can change the location of the catalog files too, see:

    Michael
    needed a new one anyway"