Cannot browse to a windows 2003 remoteagent - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Cannot browse to a windows 2003 remoteagent - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have a Netware 6.5 network and a backupserver version 9.1 (also Netware). I install a evaluation remote agent for Windows on a 2003 server and a 2000 workstation in the same network. In the administratorconsole on my XP admin ...

  1. Cannot browse to a windows 2003 remoteagent

    I have a Netware 6.5 network and a backupserver version 9.1 (also Netware).
    I install a evaluation remote agent for Windows on a 2003 server and a 2000
    workstation in the same network.
    In the administratorconsole on my XP admin station i can only see and browse
    to the 2000 station (and of course the Netware servers) . On the 2003 is
    NO firewall active.
    Who known what the problem is?

  2. Re: Cannot browse to a windows 2003 remoteagent

    Remko
    > I have a Netware 6.5 network and a backupserver version 9.1 (also Netware).
    > I install a evaluation remote agent for Windows on a 2003 server and a 2000
    > workstation in the same network.
    > In the administratorconsole on my XP admin station i can only see and browse
    > to the 2000 station (and of course the Netware servers) . On the 2003 is
    > NO firewall active.

    Is the 2003 server name & IP address in the \BKUPEXEC\NDMPSVRS.DAT file
    on the NW media server?

    Michael
    needed a new one anyway"