why would NDMP be used if remote server not involved? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on why would NDMP be used if remote server not involved? - Veritas Backup Exec ; I keep getting NDMP errors when backing up (16), and I'm backing up a local file server. I understnad that the NDMP protocol is used for backing up remote servers, but I'm not using a remote env. any help would ...

  1. why would NDMP be used if remote server not involved?

    I keep getting NDMP errors when backing up (16), and I'm backing up a local
    file server. I understnad that the NDMP protocol is used for backing up
    remote servers, but I'm not using a remote env. any help would be appreciate.d

  2. Re: why would NDMP be used if remote server not involved?

    Dullo
    > I keep getting NDMP errors when backing up (16), and I'm backing up a local
    > file server.
    > I understnad that the NDMP protocol is used for backing up
    > remote servers, but I'm not using a remote env.

    NDMP has two elements - a data server & a tape server. Whether you
    backup locally or remotely, both elements are used.

    Do you get the NDMP error (16) permanently, or just occasionally? What
    changed just before the error started appearing? What build of BE,
    version & SP on NW?

    Michael
    needed a new one anyway"