Remote agent for Windows server - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Remote agent for Windows server - Veritas Backup Exec ; Good morning, We have BE for Netware 9.1 installed on a NW 5.1 box. I'm trying to install a remote agent on a windows box and get the following error: Attempting to connect to server \\servername failed with the following ...

  1. Remote agent for Windows server

    Good morning,

    We have BE for Netware 9.1 installed on a NW 5.1 box. I'm trying to install
    a remote agent on a windows box and get the following error:

    Attempting to connect to server \\servername failed with the following
    error: Remote calls are not allowed for this process.

    Huh? Isn't this the whole idea of installing on a remote agent? Anyway, I
    had tried to install it locally yesterday, but of course it's not a REMOTE
    server, so it's not listed as an option.

    Any suggestions? Could this be a group policy thing on the windows box? I've
    installed this on a few servers at this point and have not run into this
    problem before.

    Thanks,
    Chris

  2. Re: Remote agent for Windows server

    Never mind...I copied the cd onto the server and was able to successfully
    install locally.

    "C Hall" wrote in message
    > Good morning,
    >
    > We have BE for Netware 9.1 installed on a NW 5.1 box. I'm trying to

    install
    > a remote agent on a windows box and get the following error:
    >
    > Attempting to connect to server \\servername failed with the following
    > error: Remote calls are not allowed for this process.
    >
    > Huh? Isn't this the whole idea of installing on a remote agent? Anyway, I
    > had tried to install it locally yesterday, but of course it's not a REMOTE
    > server, so it's not listed as an option.
    >
    > Any suggestions? Could this be a group policy thing on the windows box?

    I've
    > installed this on a few servers at this point and have not run into this
    > problem before.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Chris

+ Reply to Thread