NW6.5sp3 backup exec 9.1 Rev 1152 Can't see servers on different routers - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on NW6.5sp3 backup exec 9.1 Rev 1152 Can't see servers on different routers - Veritas Backup Exec ; For some reason, since we updated to sp3 for netware 6.5 I no longer can see the servers that sit in other buildings. I can see all the servers in this building fine, no matter what sp is on them. ...

  1. NW6.5sp3 backup exec 9.1 Rev 1152 Can't see servers on different routers

    For some reason, since we updated to sp3 for netware 6.5 I no longer can see
    the servers that sit in other buildings. I can see all the servers in this
    building fine, no matter what sp is on them. I can ping all of the servers
    that I need BE to see, but I can't see them in BE.

  2. Re: NW6.5sp3 backup exec 9.1 Rev 1152 Can't see servers on different routers

    On the servers you updated, unload BE and all TSAs, then unload SMDR.
    You might find you also have to unload VOLSMS before SMDR will unload.
    After SMDR is unload LOAD SMDR NEW. Select IP as the primary protocol
    and if you have multiple NICs, select the one that SMDR & BE should
    use. Enable SLP (default). Whether to use HOSTS file is up to you.

    Reload your TSAs and any other dependent modules you unloaded, then
    BESTART.

    At the media server scan for agents and see if your server is now in
    the list. If not, take a look in SYS:BKUPEXEC\NDMPSVRS.DAT and make
    sure the correct server name IP address and license key(s) are present
    there.

    Oh, and check the SLP configuration on the SP3 servers. Make sure the
    scope is defined correctly, pointing to the DA.

    -Barry.

+ Reply to Thread