Cannot find correct set after media positioning - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Cannot find correct set after media positioning - Veritas Backup Exec ; Anyone get this error trying to do a restore? All the backups seem to have run fine according to the Logs and Catalogs. Fast file Access is disabled Netware 6 BackupExec 9.1 1152.4...

  1. Cannot find correct set after media positioning

    Anyone get this error trying to do a restore? All the backups seem to have
    run fine according to the Logs and Catalogs.

    Fast file Access is disabled

    Netware 6
    BackupExec 9.1 1152.4

  2. Re: Cannot find correct set after media positioning

    The exact error message is:
    "The correct set was not found after media positioning" (24648)

    "John Tran" wrote:

    >Anyone get this error trying to do a restore? All the backups seem to have
    >run fine according to the Logs and Catalogs.
    >
    >Fast file Access is disabled
    >
    >Netware 6
    >BackupExec 9.1 1152.4

  3. Re: Cannot find correct set after media positioning

    Yes, I am getting exactly the same error! Did you find out what it was?

    "John Tran" wrote:

    >The exact error message is:
    >"The correct set was not found after media positioning" (24648)
    >
    >"John Tran" wrote:
    >>
    >>Anyone get this error trying to do a restore? All the backups seem to

    have
    >>run fine according to the Logs and Catalogs.
    >>
    >>Fast file Access is disabled
    >>
    >>Netware 6
    >>BackupExec 9.1 1152.4

  4. Re: Cannot find correct set after media positioning

    Kelly & John
    > Yes, I am getting exactly the same error! Did you find out what it was?
    >
    > "John Tran" wrote:
    > >The exact error message is:
    > >"The correct set was not found after media positioning" (24648)

    Have you tried doing a full catalog (i.e. without using the On-media
    catalogs) of the tapes, then trying the restore again?

    Michael
    needed a new one anyway"

  5. Re: Cannot find correct set after media positioning

    I get this error when trying to do a scheduled backup. I'm not trying to
    do a restore. Any suggestions?

    Thanks
    Kelly

    Michael wrote:
    >Kelly & John
    >> Yes, I am getting exactly the same error! Did you find out what it was?
    >>
    >> "John Tran" wrote:
    >> >The exact error message is:
    >> >"The correct set was not found after media positioning" (24648)

    >Have you tried doing a full catalog (i.e. without using the On-media
    >catalogs) of the tapes, then trying the restore again?
    >
    >Michael
    >--
    >"If it jams, force it. If it breaks, you probably
    >needed a new one anyway"
    >
    >* Please post replies via the newsgroup *

  6. Re: Cannot find correct set after media positioning

    Kelly
    > I get this error when trying to do a scheduled backup. I'm not trying to
    > do a restore. Any suggestions?

    Have you tried erasing the tape before the backup? Might also be worth a
    clean of the drive...

    Michael
    needed a new one anyway"