Re: NW65SP2 BECLIENT and Administration console hang - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Re: NW65SP2 BECLIENT and Administration console hang - Veritas Backup Exec ; I ran into a similar issue on a NW65SP2 server. My resolution was similar but not the same. FACT: NetWare 6.5 Service Pack 2 Veritas Backup Exec 9.1 SLP unscoped ISSUE: Server administration console hangs on "scanning for network agents" ...

  1. Re: NW65SP2 BECLIENT and Administration console hang

    I ran into a similar issue on a NW65SP2 server. My resolution was similar
    but not the same.

    FACT:
    NetWare 6.5 Service Pack 2
    Veritas Backup Exec 9.1
    SLP unscoped

    ISSUE:
    Server administration console hangs on "scanning for network agents"
    Client Adminstration Console hangs

    FIX:
    Server was upgraded from Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5. SLP was never converted
    from unscoped to a named scope.
    Define named SLP scope.
    Reload SLPDA
    Reload BackupExec

    ****************************
    Daniel Griswold, CNE
    Director of Technology
    SProLinux, Inc.
    (517) 262-0959

  2. Re: NW65SP2 BECLIENT and Administration console hang

    I also note a similar, but slightly different problem. On a Win98 client,
    I find that the java administration console will always lock up after fully
    the panel, so re-install is the only solution, losing all your configuration
    settings in the process.

    If you only have one server, who needs a configuration panel? Everyone, always,
    apparently. Software is the worst I have ever used.

+ Reply to Thread