Abend (inort.nlm) - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Abend (inort.nlm) - Veritas Backup Exec ; Backup Exec has for the past few consecutive nights been abending and abend.log points to inort.nlm as the culprit. I'm going to disable the scan tonight and run the job but has anyone else run into this issue. The server ...

  1. Abend (inort.nlm)

    Backup Exec has for the past few consecutive nights been abending and abend.log
    points to inort.nlm as the culprit. I'm going to disable the scan tonight
    and run the job but has anyone else run into this issue. The server is patched
    to current standards NW 6 SP5, CA Antivirus is patched as well and BE is
    up to date. Any ideas?

  2. Re: Abend (inort.nlm)

    Leonard
    > Backup Exec has for the past few consecutive nights been abending and abend.log
    > points to inort.nlm as the culprit. I'm going to disable the scan tonight
    > and run the job but has anyone else run into this issue. The server is patched
    > to current standards NW 6 SP5, CA Antivirus is patched as well and BE is
    > up to date. Any ideas?

    If the server doesn't ABEND when the scan is disabled, then it would
    point to the CA a/v modules being at fault & you'd need to contact them
    or configure your a/v differently (either scan inbound files only, or do
    a pre/post command to stop before backup & restart after). If it *does*
    ABEND when the scan is disabled, then post the ABEND.LOG here....

    Michael
    needed a new one anyway"

  3. Re: Abend (inort.nlm)

    I added in the Pre and Post Options Tab of the policy definition 2 commands:
    execute before: inostop (delay after command 2400)
    execute after: inostart (delay after command 2400)
    Seems to work fine now.
    Regards,
    Marc
    "Leonard Walsh" wrote:

    >Backup Exec has for the past few consecutive nights been abending and abend.log
    >points to inort.nlm as the culprit. I'm going to disable the scan tonight
    >and run the job but has anyone else run into this issue. The server is patched
    >to current standards NW 6 SP5, CA Antivirus is patched as well and BE is
    >up to date. Any ideas?

+ Reply to Thread